Chapter 8: Clearing Up

****OOO get readyyyy, expect a bit longer chapter this time as I want to fit more in**********

Rengoku's POV

I watched her leave with her friends, after Tengen swooped in and saved the day. God, what a jackass. Playing with her like this. I know for a fact he hasn't stopped talking to Makio. Why is he trying to get with Y/N right now?

I doubt she'll tell him about me tutoring her, especially since it was her first time. I don't want to stop tutoring her. I feel something in my chest when I see her, and I hadn't felt it for a long time. Not since that day, when she first saw Tengen. It was something I felt deep inside my heart, and I guarded it. I didn't let it show, and maybe that was a bad thing. But when she saw him, it flared up for the first time.

She had always been around Senjuro, since they were toddlers. She was there for him when Mom died, and I guess for me too. She looked at me different then, differently than she does now. But a lot changed, I grew up. And so did she.

And I am not, I am not going to let that cheating son a bitch be with her.

*****************

You hadn't even been back at your room maybe five minutes, and you had just jumped into the shower, before you heard the text chime fill the air.

Uzui: Do you mind if I call you?

Y/N: Yeah give me a few minutes.

You showered at light speed, quickly wrapping yourself in a towel before sending the A-ok. It took maybe ten seconds for him to call you. You swiped up, and tried to shrug a shirt on to fall asleep in.

"Hey."

"Hey," you replied, slipping under your covers. You hadn't even realized that the time had snuck up on you and it was pretty late.

"It's pretty late," you said, laying with your phone beside your head. "Has everyone gone home?"

"No,"he answered, "The parties still going on. I just wanted to talk to you. So I snuck away to a quiet corner. Maybe I can show it to you one day."

He said it with such an innocent tone, it made my heart throb just a little bit. You giggled, and heard him make a contented sound.

"So I know the party was," he cleared his throat, "a pretty eventful one. But did you at least manage to have some fun?"

"Yeah, I did," you smiled, hoping he could feel your happiness through the phone.

"Look Y/N, I um-"He paused, hesitant, "I like you. And I was wondering if maybe you'd want to hang out again, sometime soon. If it's not too pushy or sudden, what are you doing tomorrow?"

You thought for a second. You just had some classwork to do for the first class on Monday, and a bit of history homework. But you knew you'd be waiting for that to cool down before you did it. So you were free.

"I'm not doing anything, except some schoolwork. But I can do that later tomorrow night," You smiled, a million ideas running through your head of what he was going to end up planning.

"Okay, well I don't know what it'll be exactly but I'll think of something. I can pick you up around 11 if you want?" He asked, yawning through the phone. In response I yawned. You were tired, this week had been mad stressful. "That sounds great Uzui," you yawned, a big yawn this time. You started to drift in and out.

"Goodnight Y/N," he said softly, and hung up the phone. You fell asleep with the phone next to your head, and warm feelings in your heart. You slept like a rock, trying to catch up with your missed hours in less than 8. You were shaken awake by a loud knocking on the door.