She Was My Wife!

Alex: how long have you been there?...

Izzie: around "I miss her So much"

Alex: izzie...

Izzie: Alex...

Alex: did I tell you what today is?

Izzie: um... may... 17th I think?

Alex: my anniversary. Mine and Jo's. Three years ago today I married Jo Wilson. And she became Jo Karev.

Izzie: I can't keep doing this. Just go to Seattle. You don't need to be here. We were fine for five years by ourselves. We can do it without you.

Alex: I'm going to go and imagine that you didn't just say that.

Izzie: Alex. I'm serious. Go! You want to be with her! So Go! Now!

Alex: I AM NOT LEAVING MY KIDS! YES IZZIE! I WANT TO BE WITH HER! SHE WAS MY WIFE! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! SO OF COURSE I MISS HER AND WANT TO BE WITH HER!

Izzie: Be Quiet! My kids are sleeping!

Alex: OUR KIDS! They are our kids! Get that straight Izzie! And I get that I wasn't here for the first five years, so maybe you think that means you have a greater say in what happens with them. Just remember why I wasn't here the first five years! While I was dating someone else. While I was proposing to someone else. While I was sleeping with her. You! You used the embryos that we had. Without my permission! And yes! I love them! I love my kids. But I shouldn't need to love any kids. I didn't have any with my wife! Kids are something that you decide to make with the person you love! Not something that is decided for you! Yeah c some people don't get to decide. Some people get pregnant on accident and keep them. But you! You chose to not ask me. Not tell me!

Izzie: because if I had! You wouldn't have let me do it! You can not honestly tell me you would have said yes to that!

(He looks away)

Izzie: exactly!

Alex: No! You do not get to be mad because I would have chose not to have kids with you! After you left me! I wasn't in love with you. I was when we got married! But you left! And I fell in love with Jo! Josephine Brooke Alice Wilson! And I wanted to have kids with her, I wanted to raise a family with her. But you! You ruined that for me the day you decided to use the embryos without my permission!

Izzie: so you regret them?

Alex: I- No! I love them! But you should have asked me!

Izzie: Alex! If I asked you you wouldn't have kids to love.

Alex: correction* I wouldn't have kids to love with you. I would have had kids. Maybe not yet. But I would have kids. With my wife.

Izzie: see. You are just saying nicely that you wished you didn't have Eli And Alexis!

Alex: Stop! Just stop! I wish I had Eli & Alexis with Jo! I wish I could have had these kids with the women I'm in love with. The women I care about. The only women I love. And want kids with.

Izzie: you should go.

Alex: yes. I'm going for a drive! And then I am coming back because I am their FATHER!

(He gets in the car and starts to drive, anywhere and everywhere)

___________________________________

(He picks up his phone and calls Amber)

(She doesn't answer so he decides to call Meredith)

(Ring... Ring...)