Revelations

David's POV

It's been a couple of days since Raye had her catch up with the girls and I must say you can see her spirits has been lifted. There's an extra skip in her step and she's been dancing and singing a lot more.

She has just finished helping me get my shoes on and help to set up before Emma arrives for my physio session. Unconsciously I started tapping my feet when I heard Raye laugh infront of me. I look up at her puzzled.

"What's so funny?"

"You are. You're actually excited for your therapy session. Or is it the anticipation of a certain physiotherapist?"

"What? I'm not excited. I just wanna get out of this bed." I check my watch wondering when Emma will arrive and not so sure I've convinced Raye enough and this causes her to giggle.

"Uh huh, says the tap footing, time watching man sat on the edge of the bed. I might as well give you tap shoes dad. You'd have done a number by now." I sigh and look up at Raye again.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask nervously because I'm worried about her reaction more than anything else.

"It was obvious from the first day dad." She smiles at me brightly.

"I don't want you to feel awkward." I voice my fear to her and watch for any reaction. I know she's trying to not make me worry but I can't help it.

"Why would I?"

"It's been just us two from the beginning and I don't want you to think that I'm replacing your mother." It's now her turn to frown at me. She stands and joins me on the bed, perching at the edge and looping her hand with my own. 

"Daddy, I've never met mom physically. I think she speaks to me most times when I need her and sometimes in my dreams. No one can replace mom obviously but happiness can be found again anywhere. I want you to be happy and if Emma or any other woman does that, then I'm happy. Plus when we get a new house, it'll be nice to have another female around." I can tell she is trying to make me feel better and for that I'm grateful.

I laugh and grip her hand tighter. "Thinking far ahead aren't you."

"Daddy don't worry about me."

"See baby girl, that's my job though. To always worry about you." I pull her into a side hug and kiss the side of her head.

"Love you daddy."

"Love you too baby girl." Our small daddy-daughter talk is soon disturbed by a knock at the door. I kiss her forehead as we break apart and yell 'come in' to the person on the other side. The doors cracks open and Emma pops her head in. 

"Good Morning Raye, morning David."

"Morning Emma."

"Morning Emma!" Both Raye and I respond at the same time but me with more enthusiasm than Raye did. I smile so wide I think my face may crack. Raye stands as Emma comes in with her bag and deposits it at the end of the bed. Raye leans over and gives me another hug but whispers in my ear before she pulls away.

"Ask her out." She retreats quickly not giving me any chance to respond. "Bye!" She waves and disappears quickly. That bloody child of mine! She's got her mother's fire and spirit. When I thought she would get angry about me possibly liking another woman or replacing her mother, she was actually encouraging me. How blessed was I to have a child so understanding.

When I first saw Emma, feelings I thought had died with my wife Maria surfaced again. I don't even think I understood what was happening as I had closed that part of myself off for so long. It was only reserved for Maria and I don't want to feel like I'm cheating on her if I ask another woman out. Ugh! This is very confusing!