XI. Target

"I see you have become close to Jimin, Unnie.", Rosie, for Jennie, comments upon seeing the latter all smiles at her phone. It doesn't take too long for Rosie to see it was Jimin sending him some funny picture all the way from Europe.

Chaeyoung was on her way to school to check some of her papers, although she had thought of stopping since she already has few degrees under her or she could start her own business. She thought of dropping by Jennie's house and give her a ride to her work downtown.

Jennie works in their own company, same as with Jisoo, temporarily, before they both enter medical school.

While driving and Jennie in the passenger seat, Rosie slightly uses her extremely hightened and sharp eyesight to slightly peek at Jennie's phone to see who she is texting nonstop.

"Oh I guess I have. He's a funny guy. Never thought he's this funny when all along I thought he is just that geek, nerd, quiet type of guy.", Jennie states.

And Rosie could silently scoff.

"You only met him once and you've already figured how he his like you've known him for about his thousand years?", Rosie exclaims, lathe with annoyance.

Jennie was eyeing her weirdly.

"You should be happy I'm friends with your friends.", Jennie nonchalantly said.

As Chaeyoung drops Jennie to her work, she speeds up to where she should be. She received a message from Lisa informing her of her boarding to the plane. Along with it was an instruction to keep the girls safe, real real safe and to inform her of whatever may happen, and that she'll be back not later than a week. She replied with a thumbs-up.

=====

"It's been a week. Why is it that Mark is still unconscious?", Lisa exclaims over the phone to Jimin.

"We think that the amount of vervain injected in his body was not in little doses. It's more. We can't fastrack the process of removing it then feeding him with new blood because the circulation of the vervain in his body is quite complicated. We have already employed the the help of our human doctor friends here in Europe because we don't want to risk being so exposed to vervain. You know how it is.", Jimin calmly explains.

"So we can't get anything from him yet about his attacker?"

Lisa is being frustrated at the situation of having no clue yet.

"Sadly that's the case. I'm sorry Lis. There's nothing we could do about it for now. I'm just hoping too that he wakes up the soonest."

Lisa sighs heavily.

"That's okay Jimin, I understand. I'm sorry if I'm pressuring you and V."

After the phonecall Lisa is still stressed. She is still in Australia, receiving reports from her comrades. The Velvets have been reporting the same thing. Bambam was sent back to Korea, in secrets, to find more about Mark's attack. In sum, nothing so useful.

"Think, Lisa, think!! Who is behind all these? Behind Mark's attack?!"

She lightly bangs her phone in her forehead, hoping it would do something good. She gives up and frustratingly stands from her feet to dial that one person that calms her. After three rings and no answer, she gives up, thinking that Jisoo might still be busy or sleeping, considering that South Korea is one hour behind Australia. And currently, it's 12 midnight.

She then calls Chaeyoung, for whatever.

"Hey, I'm sorry to wake you up.", Lisa apologizes.

"What is it Lis? You're so serious and not being mean to me. It only means something is bothering you."