XII. Conspiracy

"I can't believe it's Jackson!", Wendy utters in great frustration.

"We can't be that sure yet.", Irene answers.

"But his suspicious actions tell so much about him."

"Well you have to hurry up! Jackson is with Lisa now and we don't know what he'll do next!", Wendy warns the two while they skip from tree to tree, run towards and past the woods to Lisa's location. From the airport, they decided to just super speed running than using the usual human transport. Time is of essence for them to reach Lisa before Jackson could strike.

====

"Jackson, I'll leave Jisoo and Jennie to your care, okay. I have to hunt for us to have food. Lisa is in town to get more medicines and cleaning materials.", Chaeyoung instructed. "Don't do anything stupid again Jackson. I trust you, I know you won't betray me and Lisa."

"Don't worry Roseanne, I'll take care of them. And I'm really really sorry for what I did hours ago. I won't betray you guys. I love you all, you know that."

"Good enough.", Chaeyoung walks towards Jisoo and Jennie and gave them final instructions. Well mostly to Jennie because Jisoo's sleeping.

"I'll get going.", said the girl vampire.

====

"Finally, we got you!!", Seulgi exclaims in the middle of the night on an alley once they got hold of Lisa with bags of medicines in her hand.

"Hey! You could have just phoned me and we could meet properly without you sniffing around just to find me.", Lisa answers, who started walking again towards the darker part of the alley before she speedily runs.

"We couldn't risk it Lisa. Jackson is here, right? And he's with you?", Irene.

"Yeah. He came this morning. He said he's in the area."

"And that's a problem, Lis. We think he is the mole."

Lisa, along with the three velvets, stops abruptly and looks at them waiting for an explanation. They're now in the middle of the forest now far from the city yet.

"What do you mean?"

"You see, Lis, we found out, again, that Jackson shouldn't be here yet. His schedule is two days from now. Our informant told us and gave us his travel documents. He shouldn't be here yet but he is, and in time when Jisoo is attacked.", Wendy calmly stated.

"Are you saying he has something to do with Jisoo's attack??", Lisa asks, gritting her teeth and her eyes are turning to dark red. She almost broke the branch she's holding unto.

"We don't know. But the way he is hiding things from us and acting suspiciously, it's a possibility.", Seulgi states.

Lisa thought back to when suddenly Jackson appeared at Chaeyoung's doorsteps. And when he was let in, he immediately went to Jisoo to question her. Then, she panicked, realizing that she had left Jisoo with Jennie and Chaeyoung only. Not that she undermines Chaeyoung's capability of protecting the girls but it is also undeniable that in the faces of many opponents, Chaeyoung might be overpowered.

Lisa without any word, bolted in double speed, thinking that her friends and love are in trouble in the hands of Jackson. The man is one of the best in fighting, being trained by a martial artist and he is also a cunning tactician, sometimes the brain of some of their missions and also one of the best covert agents of their team, Lisa has to be sure that Chaeyoung has back-up.

When they're just half a hundred meters from Rosé's house, Lisa heard Jennie scream. Wendy and Seulgi sprinted faster and so did Lisa and Irene. Yanking open the sliding door to where Jisoo stays and from where Jennie was heard screaming, the four ladies were surprised at what they saw: Jennie dancing around happily, Jackson thomping his feet and laughing breathlessly at Rosé, and the latter glaring at Jackson and pouting at Jennie. Jisoo, in her bed, is giggling while looking at the three to her side of the bed.