Chapter Twelve

_August 2007_

Suguru Geto:
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

"Here we go!" Shoko says.

Amati holds a ball, Shoko a pen, and Geto an eraser.

They throw their items at Gojo and are surprised by what happens.

The pen and ball freeze, the eraser bounces off his infinity.

"Yep!" He grabs the pen in one hand, the ball and eraser in another. "It's working."

"What the heck was that?" Shoko demands.

"The targets for the Technique were selected automatically?" Geto asks.

"Yep!" Gojo smiles. "What I was doing manually is automatic now. I was able to sort the objects into dangerous levels by the amount of Cursed Energy. But now, I can also sort them by mass, speed and shape."

"Woah." Amati says, poking at his infinity. "Let's say if I threw something at you while you were asleep, it'd still repel it?"

"Yep."

"Ah... no fun."

"You'll fry your brain if you leave it always active." Shoko says.

"I'm simultaneously running a self-recovery reverse Jujutsu Technique. This way my brain will always stay fresh."

Geto doesn't her the rest of his words. Only one thing runs around in his brain.

Satoru has become "the strongest".

Alone.

"Suguru, did you lose weight?" Gojo asks as he approaches him. "Are you okay?"

He can complete any mission by himself.

Shoko doesn't usually go out on dangerous missions anyway.

And Amati is sent to many specific missions that need her Jujutsu only.

So Suguru has been spending more time alone... it can't be helped.

"It's just summer stress. I'm fine."

"Did you eat too much soumen?"

It's been a busy summer. Spirits were crawling around like bugs.

And Suguru just exorcised and ingested. Again and again.

Exorcised...

Ingested.

The taste of a Cursed Spirit that no one else knows, like swallowing a whole cloth that was used to wipe up vomit.

Exorcised.

Ingested.

And for who?

But the one phrase he heard from the bastard that started it all, tattoos itself in his brain.

"Lost to a monkey like me."

It kills him to know he's done all this,

For fucking monkeys.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Amati Tanaka:

It's hard. When you spend your days waiting for him. When you count the minutes to finally see him again.

But.

When the moment comes, he leaves.

Again.

Again.

And again.