Eight

Harry lay in bed , wide awake, early in the morning - a faint orange peeking from the horizon.

Harry wondered why did he feel the way he did when he heard Louis was going for hunting a bounty, why did he feel the way he did when Louis didn't tell him before hand.

Harry was confused, he didn't know, and that frustrated him. Made him feel like punching a wall but, he didn't.

Harry stayed there in bed and heard the people rushing to the palace to watch as the 'bounty hunter' left. But Harry didn't go, as usual.

But this time, the reason was not the same and it astonished Harry to a point. Last time he didn't go to see Louis leave because he didn't care, this time he did. A little too much.

Harry turned in his bed and covered his head with a pillow trying to block out the noise.

"Harry?" He heard Lucas speak quietly.

Harry hummed in response.

"Don't you want to meet Louis before he leaves?" Lucas asked.

"No."

Lucas stood there raising an eyebrow. They were getting close, weren't they?

"What's wrong Harry?" Lucas asked, sitting at the foot of his bed.

"He just makes me feel the things I don't want to Lucas. I don't want to be hurt, I don't want to care, I don't want to bake him cookies, I don't want my stomach to be upset when he doesn't tell me stuff, I don't want my heart to tug when I hear something from someone else when I should be hearing it from him I.." Harry couldn't take it anymore, he sobbed, sobbed like he did when his parents died, when his nan died.

Lucas watched the boy. He had never seen Harry cry and it pained him.

"Harry..." Lucas said, running a hand through Harry's hair.

"I don't want him to go Lucas.." Harry says sniffling.

"I want him to stay right here, with me, and I don't like that Lucas, not one bit. What's happening to me?" Harry said, pulling his hair.

Lucas couldn't help but smile. Oh the irony.

"Harry you do realise that's his job. Just like you love to carve swords- I hope I'm right- for a living, he hunts because he loves to do that for a living." Lucas said, now pulling Harry to his chest, gently caressing his hair.

"I know Lucas, I know, but I can't just..he should have told me." Harry said.

"Harry do you ever tell him you're going out to take your metals? Do you ever tell him for whom you carved a sword?" Lucas asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No, but I don't leave for days, just a few hours." Harry said, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Hours or days, it's the same thing. He loves you Harry, he sees you bake for Ares and not him, he sees when you put your work before him, he sees when you leave without telling him yet he doesn't tell you anything. It hurts him, but does he ever complain?"

"No and I did bake cookies for him, your monster kid had all of them." Harry says, frowning.

"But did you tell him you made something for him?"

"No.."

Lucas is the one to hum now.

They sit there in silence.

Harry hears a cart coming towards the shop. He quickly gets up on the bed and peeps out the window.

He watches as Louis leaves, his lips set in a thin line. Harry wants to scream so bad, for him to stop, but he doesn't because it's his work.

Harry watches until the cart is no longer in his sight and then sits back down.

"I'll bake him cakes, I'll bake him cookies, I'll even carve him a sword Lucas. I'll tell him how sorry I am...will..will he forgive me?" Harry asks hesitantly, he couldn't bare the fact that Louis wont talk to him.

"Of course he will Harry." Lucas says, smiling.

"Lucas?" Harry asked, quietly.

"Yes?"

"You love Jenny, right?" Harry asks, fiddling with his thumb.

"I do Harry, so much." Lucas says, thinking of his beautiful wife.

"How...how do you feel? How do you know?" Harry asks, now nervous.

Lucas smiles knowingly.

"I knew it when the mere thought of leaving her made my heart pain. I knew it when I realised that I couldn't live without her. I just wanted to protect her and keep her to me." Lucas said, smiling at the memory.

"Lucas?" Harry said again.

"Yeah?"

"I love Louis."

--------------------

OKAY SO BIG QUESTION.

I AM PLANNING THE NEXT CHAPTER TO BE THE LAST ONE THEN THE EPILOGUE.

BUT DO YOU GUYS WANT IT TO END OR WANT ME TO PUT IN A FEW FILLER FLUFF CHAPTERS? PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOULL WANT :) xx