Chapter 1: District 12

AUTHORS NOTE: just to let you know all of the characters belong to Suzanne Collins and most of the book.
This book is about prims POV. I put my own little spin on I at the end so it could be a bit longer.

ENJOY.  -PHOEBE <3
****************************

I wake up feeling warm and fuzzy. The warm feeling comes from my mom who is sound asleep next to me.
I start to sit up and see my older sister-Katniss- missing from where she sleeps. I guess she's already gone out hunting for the morning.

I quietly hop out of bed trying not to wake up mom and head out the back of our small, run down house in district 12, to go get some milk from my goat.

As I head back in I remember that today is my first reaping and start to panic. I also feel a bit light headed. So I sit down just as mom comes through.

"You alright Prim?" questions mom.
"Yeah I'm good mom, just remembered it is my first reaping today", I reply.

Just them mom goes over to some clothes and holds them out to me, indicating I should go put them on. So I do.

When in the bathroom I do my hair in some french braids. I've learnt how to do this my self after all the years I spent watching mom and Katniss do it them selves.

As I walk back through to the kitchen Katniss has just walked in,

"Hey my little duck", she says as she pushes my shirt back into my skirt.
I try to smile but I know she knows I'm afraid I'll get picked.

"Hey, little duck? Wanna know something?"she asks.
I nod.

She bends down to my ear hight, " You do know your name has a 1 out of maybe.. a million chances of getting picked?" She starts to tickle me at my hips and I start to laugh.

"Hey, hey stop!" I say with a giggle.
She smiles.

"Hey Kat." Mom calls out from behind us.

Katniss turns around. "Yeah?"

"I picked out some clothes for you and ran a quick bath so you could get ready for the reaping. But that's only if you want to wear it." Says mom.

Katniss goes over to the dress and picks it up, and after a few minutes she's back and looking so pretty in her sky blue like floral dress.

While me and Kat sit down at the table mom cooks some of the game Katniss got this morning, and we have so of the goats cheese I got from my goat with some bread Katniss got at the hob.