𝐈𝐕

--------------------

March 19th, 2039

"Why are we in a sunflower field, detective?" Karl wanders around, keeping the detective in his sights. "We're far away from home."

"Because," Dream starts to answer, "They're my favorite kind of flowers." He looked up at the golden flowers that stood tall in front of him. "They can mean many things, but I mostly define it as loyalty."

Karl cocked his head to the side, "That's nice to hear."

As the wind blows, the detective stops in his tracks.

"Hey, toaster."

Karl looked at him with only a small expression that resembled annoyance, "Yes?"

"Are you going to stay beside me forever or.. what?" It sounded cheesy, and Dream wanted to take it back. He didn't want to sound like he was actually taking  a liking to this plastic machine.

Karl's LED happily spun a blue that looked similar to the sky, "Always." He said.

Dream cracked a small smile, before it returned back to a frown.

"That's great, 'cause I don't want to lose you." He cringes at the statement, "...Because you're the only reason why my crime solving rate is going up." He adds, though it still sounded sentimental.

"Aw, you like me, detective." Karl teases, and Dream huffs.

"You know what, let's just go back home."

--------------------