𝐕𝐈

--------------------

With every second that passes, Dream couldn't help but fall deeper in love with the android even more somehow. The deeper he falls, the harsher his heartstrings would sting. 

He was drowning--- struggling to keep afloat, yet it all was a futile attempt. His own emotions were dragging him down with him, daily tasks becoming a harder task than it once was, and his work becoming less enjoyable as the days went on. Karl had a lasting effect on him-- or maybe it was the everlasting feeling of love that did this to him. 

Though being human, feelings were the most complicated subject for him, which is why he fronts a usual cold, heartless persona.

Despite that, the stubborn detective still clutches at the almost non-existent hope that lingers in his heart for an android, of all things. It was silly, really.

He misses the afternoon where he and Karl would spend bickering on something so minor, whether that be a small miscommunication during work or a mistake that could've been avoided in hindsight.

He was falling apart without Karl. He really needed the old Karl back, he'd do anything to get him back.

He doesn't want to force the android to do anything all for his convenience, though. Even so, he doesn't even know how the android had originally deviated, since he already was one before they'd met.

He sighs, leaning against the hard, scratchy bark wood of an old tree, pulling out his good ol' cigarettes.

As he pollutes the air with smoke, his mind wanders off into a land of nostalgia.

"I finally found you, detective." a voice filled his ears, and he knew it all too well.

"This better be important." He puffs out a cloud of smoke, playfully twirling the cancer stick in the gap of his fingers.

"It is," Karl doesn't say anything about him smoking, knowing that he would be annoyed. "I wanted to question a suspect with you."

Dream smiled, hearing those words.

--------------------