𝐈𝐗

--------------------

"I think I loved you before." He repeats, hesitation in his voice. He looks at the detective to see whether or not it had caused something in him. It hadn't.

"What are you talking about?" Dream tenses, his teeth clenched uncomfortably as his knuckles turned whiter as his grip tightened on the wheel. "You don't love me, you can't feel anything." His voice wavered, and he hated the word he spat out his own mouth. His tone was anything but foul, and he couldn't get rid of the denial that clouded his mind.

It had felt like years since Karl had last spoken to him with affection in his tone, even though only a few weeks had gone by.

The bitter taste of bile rises in him; "Tell me, then. What does it feel like, to be in love?" He spat coldly, feelings undeniably caged by him.

Karl hesitates as sharp eyes stare at him expectantly. He knew what loving someone was, but he had lost the ability to understand what it was like to actually feel it. Sure, he blushed as he said it, but it really didn't feel genuine; it felt forceful.

Dream took the silence as an answer. "You know what emotions are, but your ability of expressing it has ceased." The muscles in his face relaxes, and his eyes stilled toward the road, no anger or sadness in them. 

Karl looked back to his side of the window awkwardly, shifting in his seat to back himself into the car door; head pressed against the window and body away from Dream. It was like a self-defense technique. "Sorry, I won't mention it again."

"But it's not your fault."

Karl turned his head.

"It was never your fault."

Karl's thirium pump beats faster. Dream's eyes were red and cheeks were wet with newly formed tears that rolled down. His hands trembled on the driving wheel, the once stable driving turned into a shaky ride. Karl saw this, and tried to take over the wheel.

Karl felt something seethe into his chest, telling him to soothe Dream. 

"Dream-"

Dream's eyes burned with his own tears, ones that felt like acid in his eyes. He hated crying, hated feeling vulnerable. His eyes were shut tightly as he drove recklessly, dangerously.

"Dream please-"

"Please, just shut up-" Dream finally opened his eyes, only to realize that something large obscured the view of the front car window. It took them both a second to see that it was a truck that was passing by.

God, Dream could see his own life flash in his eyes at the moment. Every second that led him to this moment.

Was this really how it all ended? 

All his life, he had been miserable with a not-so-normal childhood, he had lost almost everything during the days he grew up. A happy childhood, his parents, and his friends. But when Karl showed up, he thought that it would change. That somebody would stay by his side forever.

But, it just seemed that life didn't work in his favor. 

Only for a mere moment did he hear a loud sound of two vehicles colliding, creating a loud, unbearable sound.

And then there was nothing.

--------------------

𝘈/𝘕: 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨! 𝘐 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘭.