𝐗

--------------------

...

..

.

Dread overtook his body once Karl snapped out his dazed state. With only the detective on his mind, he denied himself of having to do a self diagnosis, despite the warnings that flashed obnoxiously in his vision.

The car had been obliterated, and debris cluttered the road. There was a thirty-two percent that Dream had survived the crash, bleeding out. The other sixty-eight percent, he didn't want to think about.

He turned to the driver's side of the car, and his mind whirred, taking a second to process the image in front of him.

Dream's forehead was covered in blood, head resting on top of the steering wheel. The window was completely shattered, some glass shards digging into Dream's cheek.

Karl didn't want to rush over to him, knowing too well that the chance of him being dead were high. Yet, he knew he had to.

For the first time in forever, anxiety takes over his mind; his systems were being overwhelmed as Karl sat there as Dream bled out.

. . .

. .

.

"And then what happened?" Dream gave Karl with wandering curiosity in his eyes. Karl relaxes his tense shoulders, "I had regained the sense to call in the ambulance. Nothing interesting happened, really."

"Nothing interesting, huh?" Dream smiled, before doubling over in pain. He hisses as Karl called one of the nurses to bring a painkiller and another glass of water, to which he gladly took. 

"You should be more careful even after being discharged later, Dream." Karl spoke, "You'll still experience pain in the chest area for a while, and there are complications that might come with fractured ribs."

Dream sighed loudly, pressing himself even further into the comforting pillow of his hospital bed. "What're you, my mother?"

Karl gave him one of his warm, genuine smile, "I think the amnesia's getting to you, I'm your partner." He simply joked. "Shut up, you knew what I meant."

"But I'm just glad you're back." Dream takes Karl's hand into his own, their fingers locking in a tight hold. 

"I never went anywhere, Detective." The android beamed happily, giggling as Dream playfully punches his shoulder.

"I'll always love you, even when I'm reset to factory settings. I'll fall in love with you a thousand times over." 

"Oh my god, you're such a sap."

~

--------------------