𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

--------------------

He lays motionless, helpless to the passing memories that slipped away from him like flower petals soaring away in the winds. He couldn't reach, couldn't get much time to have a glimpse of those precious moments. They were very glitchy to the point of recognition was impossible, yet it was still vivid.

He couldn't cry for help, he was all alone.

Everything was a blur, and once recognized faces were now featureless. He couldn't scan for an identification, it was futile.

He only remembers the subtle, unkind feeling of sadness wash over him as his program was continuing to be reset. It was a familiar feeling. Yet, he can't seem to understand why. It was something new to him that he wanted to further explore, and it was being taken away.

He can't wake up. He was trapped, caged like an animal. Vulnerable and lost, he definitely was.

* * *

He was refreshed, and there was nothing In his way that could possibly disturb him any longer.

Though, there still was that persisting feeling that something wasn't quite right.

* * *

The next time they talked, it was a minimal, forgettable conversation. It was awkward, and probably tense?

The long strip of road that led to Dream's house stretched far across in his field of view, and he takes in the gorgeous view of the blue that was peppered with clouds in the afternoon sky.

He closes his eyes.

And then it all came back, the memories flooding in; the feeling compared to a massive tidal wave crashing upon its shore. It wasn't all of it, but enough for him to grasp his past knowledge of human feelings.  His feelings for his partner.

The good things, the bad things. Everything up to before he had shutdown were suddenly back.

He hadn't got a clue why, but he remembers. There must've been some sort of error in his coding after he'd been completely reset. Though, it was a given since he was an older model; errors were expected.

"Dream?"

Dream doesn't say anything.

Karl cocked his head, his face becoming a cute baby blue hue. "I think I love you."

Dream's eyes widen from how unexpected and random that statement was.

"..What?"

--------------------