Chapter 2: Bits and Pieces

"Aether....promise me, we'll meet again." Aether could hear a faint voice.
It happened again...
Aether had the same dream as the night before.  Except that it had more details. It was like his head was trying to tell him something. Aether once again woke up. He yawned and then checked his phone for the time. It was 9AM. Aether slowly got up from bed and then stretched. He walked out of his room and into the kitchen to get a glass of water. He could hear Lumine snoring from her room. "I guess she's still asleep.." He quickly drank the remaining of his water and then returned to his room. He pulled out his laptop to see if anyone had made an order on the shop's website. He wasn't expecting anything to pop up since the costumers would just come into the store. But surprisingly, someone had made an order. It was under the name Xiao. Aether slightly tilted his head. But then he remembered yesterday. 'Venti brought one of his friends over right? his name was Xiao too..' Aether thought to himself. He looked at what Xiao ordered. "Some glaze lily's?" Aether was confused. Although glaze lily's are beautiful, it is the least popular flower on the website since they only bloom at night. But, he brushed it off. He went out to the backyard and into his garden area. Carefully, he picked some glaze lily's and brought them back inside. He walked down the hall, pass Lumine's room and into his workshop. Sometimes, he would work from home so the workshop in the house was like a second shop. Aether put the flowers in a vase with water while he got the package ready.
________________________
About 10 minutes later, he had packaged the flowers neatly and was now getting ready to drop them off. He quickly got dressed and wrote down the address so he wouldn't forget. "Lumine! I'm heading out!" No response. 'She must be still asleep' Aether sighed and then walked out. He made sure that the door was locked. Aether pulled out the piece of paper with the address out of his back pocket. He quickly memorized it then slipped the paper back into his pocket. He then carried the flowers in his hands. Aether then walked to the bus stop and sat until the bus came by. Once the bus came, Aether walked in, greeting the driver. He sat by a window and waited for his stop.
__________________________
About 30 minutes later, Aether had arrived at his stop. He carefully picked up the flowers and got off the bus. He waved goodbye to the bus driver and went on his way. The address was very close to the famous hotel, Wangshu Inn. It's a new hotel that had opened just a few months ago. Aether hasn't been there himself but some of his friends say it's amazing. As he continued to walk towards the address, he came across a bridge. He stood there for a moment, taking in the beautiful view of the river. "The view is marvelous, isn't it?" Aether jumped. He quickly turned to see the guy he saw when Venti visited him. "Oh! It's you." Aether sighed in relief. "You scared me for a moment." "Sorry.." Xiao looked down. "Oh no, it's fine!" Aether let out a small chuckle. It went silent. "Um...are these the flowers I ordered?" Xiao pointed at the flowers. "Hm? Oh right! I was on my way to your house!" Aether smiled.
__________________
It was very quiet and awkward while they were walking to Xiao's house. Aether would look at xiao for a quick moment from time to time. This time, Xiao had noticed. "Is there something wrong?" Xiao turned to Aether. "No, no! sorry, it's just so quiet." Aether let out a small chuckle. Xiao turned back, looking forward. Aether turned back as well. Finally, they had arrived to his house. Well, it was an apartment actually. Both went up to Xiao's apartment. "Is it okay if I come in? I don't want to barge in on your privacy." Aether looked down to the ground. "Yeah it's fine.." Xiao held the door open for Aether. He hesitated for a moment, but then walked in. It was very clean and nice. "This is a nice apartment you have Mr. Xiao!" Aether smiled. Xiao turned away. Aether placed the flowers on the counter near him. "I hope you like the flowers. No one really orders these type of flowers." Aether looked down at the flowers. He carefully held onto a peddle of one of the flowers. Xiao stared at Aether. He didn't even realize he was staring at him until Aether looked back. Xiao jolted a little and and quickly looked away. Aether tilted his head but looked back at the flowers. It became quiet. Aether decided to break the awkward tension. "So uh, what made you order flowers?" Aether sat down on a chair near him. "....My dad recommended them..." "Oh! does your dad like the shop?" "He does visit everyday." Xiao walked to the flowers and sat down next to Aether. "Oh, he does?" Xiao nodded. Aether began to think about who it could be. He was deep in thought when Xiao touched his shoulder. Aether jolted his head up to look at Xiao. He was holding money in his hand. "Here, for the flowers." Aether hesitantly took the money from Xiao's hand. "..Thanks." Aether stood up. "Well, I should get going. My sister is probably wondering where i am." Xiao stood up as well. "I can walk with you if you want. To the bus stop that is." Aether looked at Xiao. Then he smiled. "Sure!" Xiao became flustered and looked away.
_______________________
The walk to the bus stop was...awkward. It was very quiet. When they reached the bus stop, they had to wait a little for the bus to come. This time Xiao broke the quietness. "Is it alright if i have your number?" Aether turned to look at Xiao. He was very surprised. Xiao turned to the other direction, his face slowly becoming red. "Of course." Xiao gave Aether his phone and Aether out his number in. "There." Aether gave Xiao his phone back. Luckily for Xiao, the bus had arrived. Aether got up from the bench. "It was nice meeting you Xiao. I hope we get to meet again." Aether smiled then walked into the bus. He looked back and waved goodbye to Xiao. Xiao waved back. The bus door closed and then it drove away. Xiao sighed. "You...You look so familiar."
_________________________
Author's note: Hey guys! I'm very sorry for the very long wait for this chapter. I kept on loosing motivation to write anything. but it's out now so yay! I would also like to mention that one of my friends started a fanfic and I would like for you guys to check it out! her profile is XxXAnimeThighsXxX
I hope you have a lovely day (or night) and good luck on your wishing!

 but it's out now so yay! I would also like to mention that one of my friends started a fanfic and I would like for you guys to check it out! her profile is XxXAnimeThighsXxX I hope you have a lovely day (or night) and good luck on your wishing!

Me: Time to finish this chapter!
Also me after two words: Eh, i'll finish it later.