008

"Wonder"

"Some parts should be skinny and others must be full. The face symmetric not anorexic unless you're talking about the belly, that should be flat, but below the back should be all jelly, the but can wiggle but when the arms jiggle drop and give me six, the legs should not be sticks and not too thick, and cellulite is social suicide. Another feature you have to hide. Where is your thigh gap? It's best you skip that nap. Better to ride a bike. A 10-mile hike, become the one boys like round breasts on your chest with smooth skin. The recipe for a win. We don't like thin and we don't like fat and when you have acne stay in your habitat, the scars on your face, are undeserving of embrace. It needs to be fixed. We have our values mixed."

-Christi Steyn

This quote has nothing to do with this chapter. I just found it and I thought it's a good message to share with people.

------------------------------------------

Josie POV

         Dear Diary,

                 It's been 3 days since Hope and Penelope left the school. I gave my mom the stupid note they left and when she read it she didn't seem angry, just sad. She said, "I'm sure they'll come back when they're comfortable." That's some bullshit. They're never coming back because I made them uncomfortable. I did that. They're not coming back because of me.

      I've gotten really down and sad and Jade's noticed. She keeps trying to cheer me up but I just don't feel the same when I'm around her. But I'm dating her and I can't fall for two girls that I barely know and that are hiding many things. 

     I stop writing. I don't really want to record these thoughts just in case Jade finds them. I bought a new pen yesterday so that it's not recorded in Penelope's journal. I sigh as I close the journal. I put a cloaking spell on it and put it under my pillow. I turn over and stare at the ceiling. I didn't think I would miss them, in fact, I thought I would be happy they left. But it feels like there's a hole in my chest and I can't seem to fill it. I wonder what they're doing right now.

    These thoughts confuse me. I try to be angry at them and I can't. I'm falling for them but I don't know them. I know they're hiding things yet I still want to be around them. They might be Mikaelsons and I still want to see them smile. It just doesn't make sense. I turn my head to look at the clock and I sit up. I only have 5 minutes until the extra class with Mr. Smith. Shit. I can't be late again. I was only late last time because I was making out with Jade. But my mom removed Jade from this class since she doesn't need any extra help.

     I hear a knock on the door and I get up to open it. I'm half-dressed and my hair is in okay condition. I open the door to reveal Jade. She waves shyly and I say, "Hi." "I wanted to walk you to Mr. Smith's class." Oh. "Okay, let me just get ready." She nods. I go back into my room and I change into the white sweater with the Mikaelson emblem on it and some overalls. I don't clip one side so it's flopping over. I walk out and she takes my hand.

    On the way to his class, she starts talking about a book that she's been reading. "I just started reading the Mortal Instruments series and oh my god it's amazing." She starts talking about some guy named Jace and some love triangle he's in. "Oh, looks like we're here," Jade interrupts herself. I nod and thank her for walking me. She smiles and I smile weakly back. I walk inside and take my usual seat. The bell rings and he starts.