016

"Balance"

"A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks."

-Richard Bach

---------------------------------------------------------

No POV

150 years ago

     A blonde lays in bed with a blanket wrapped around her naked body. "That was fun." She turns to look at the beautiful brunette in front of her pouring two glasses of bourbon. "Yes, it was." "Would you like any of this?" The brown-haired girl holds up a blood bag and the blonde replies, "Yes, love." The brunette nods and opens the blood bags and the sound of her making the drink is the only one. You would be able to hear a penny drop, but then again they were vampires so they would hear it regardless. The girl starts humming a sweet melody as she makes the drink and the blonde focuses back on her.

   She gasps slightly as she takes in the sight in front of her. Her brown hair with blonde accents cascades around her shoulders. Her eyebrows scrunched as she concentrates on her task. The moon looms behind her and moonlight drapes across her. She would look scary but instead, the moonlight pouring through the window only serves to perfectly frame her nude silhouette. 

    She puts the bottle down, picks the glasses up, and sits down next to the already laying figure. The blonde sits up and props herself against the headboard. She hands a glass to the blond and she takes it. They both take a sip silently before the blonde chuckles lightly. This makes the brunette stare at the other woman confused. "What are you laughing about?" The laughing stops and she looks at her before saying seriously, "If my brother knew I was sleeping with a girl he would kill you." 

    The brunette's expression darkens slightly and she asks, "Just because I'm a girl?" The blonde shakes her head. "Oh no, I've slept with women before. He just doesn't like when I fall in love. He thinks I fall in love too easily or too quickly. So whenever I start a relationship, he usually scares the person away."

   She nods and her face lightens up. "Maybe he just thinks no one is good enough for you." The blonde nods skeptically at her words slowly trying to understand her brother's side. "Or maybe he just wants to ruin any good chance that I have at happiness because he's afraid I'm going to leave him for my lover." But as she says the words she knows it's not true. "He loves me, just in his own way," she thinks.

       "Your brother sounds very peculiar." The blonde's thoughts are broken by the other woman speaking. "He is," the blonde says while looking down sadly. "But it's not his fault. Our father did quite a lot of damage to him. Damage that cannot be undone." The gorgeous brunette nods and says, "I can relate. I've gone through hell with no one by my side." 

     The blonde cocks her head to the side. "Care to explain?" The brunette immediately looks uncomfortable and she looks down before shaking her head. "I'm not ready to talk about it yet." "That's fine, love. Tell me whenever you feel comfortable." She looks up and smiles warmly and the other woman returns the smile. They both smile at each other for a bit before the brunette changes the subject.

     "So how quickly did you fall for me?" She smirks cockily. "I fell quickly than a weight in the ocean." She smiles at the blonde's words and her smile makes butterflies erupt in the blonde's stomach. "I love you, Rebekah Mikaelson." "And I love you, Valerie Tulle."

------------------------------------------

Rebekah POV