Chapter 32

Hey guys! Please hit that star button before reading!💖💖

Amrita's POV-

"Nothing," I replied simply.

"Nothing? You literally hugged him!" Siddhant exclaimed. 

I rolled my eyes. "It was just a hug." 

"Exactly! It was hug!" He exaggerated.

 "It was just a hug. Plus, I have a wife whom I love with all my heart," Dimitri interjected, holding Lydia by her waist. 

Siddhant's eyes turned cold. 

"Dimitri," He spat with disgust. 

"Siddhant," Dimitri snarled back, glaring at him.

"If I see you talking with my woman again, I will-," 

Dimitri cut Siddhant off. "You will what?"

"I will slit your throat. I don't care whether you are Vienna's son-in-law," Siddhant threatened. 

"Uh, why don't we have a drink?" I tried to distract him. 

Siddhant snapped his eyes towards me and then, after an eternity, nodded. He looked at Dimitri with anger one last time before walking to the bar with me.

"You hugged him," Siddhant gritted out once we reached the bar. 

"I did but it was because I found out he was Vienna's daughter's husband," I lied.

"I don't want you to talk to him anymore," He instructed, drowning a glass of cocktail. 

I nodded, but obviously wouldn't follow whatever he said.

"Okay then. The ball's about begin," He said with a smile. 

Instantaneously, a romantic music starting playing. 

"Would you like to dance?" He suddenly asked, holding out his hand. 

I bit my lip. I should just enjoy my time here. I would be escaping in a month, right? 

I nodded and placed my hand in his and walked to the dance floor. 

His right hand rested on my waist and my left hand was placed on his shoulder. Our hands interconnected and we danced to the beat of the song. He twirled me around and pulled me to him by the waist making me giggle. These dances were so graceful. We stared  into each other's eyes for the whole song. 

The music ended and people started applauding, making me jump. I blushed tried to cover my hair with the loose strands of hair. I never liked the spotlight.

Siddhant put his hand on my waist and guided me to a corner. 

"You dance beautifully," He said softly. 

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself," I replied.

He smiled and opened his mouth to say something when a man came towards us and whispered something into Siddhant's ears. He nodded and then turned to me. 

"Amrita, I'll just be back. Do-" 

"Don't escape," I interjected. 

He nodded and walked away. 

Few minutes passed and he didn't come back. I was feeling too congested in this over-crowded ball room. 

I decided to stay in the garden for a while. I walked through the back-door and sat on the bench. It's so peaceful here, in nature. 

I just shut my eyes and enjoyed the tranquil nature. The birds chirping, trees rustling, bees buzzing. I sighed and opened my eyes and was about to walk back in when I heard few noises.