✰ Nighttime

--

Reader's POV;

You were driven to your boss's house, it was only a few minute drive.

Fucking hell, his home didn't even qualify as a "house" -- It was a full-on castle. Was this what the filthy rich could live like?!

Your boss pulled up to the very front of the mansion, only about 3 meters away from a gold staircase that led up to said home.

"We've arrived, Y/n." Your boss turned his gaze to you, a small but attractive smile on his lips.

A handful of men dressed in black suits -- Bodyguards, you guessed -- walked up to the car and opened your boss's car door. Your boss got out and opened yours, with you scrambling out, making sure not to dirty the interior of the car.

You didn't want to end up needing to pay $5000 for dirtying a car carpet.

"Thanks, Mr. Alaric," you say with a smile. You looked up at the huge mansion. It was over 5 times the size of a normal house, definitely like day and night compared to your own apartment -- Were you really going to stay there? Even though it was dark outside, you were still able to make out a huuuge shape.

Your boss held your hand, resulting in your cheeks turning pink. His grip was firm but didn't hurt at all -- It was also very gentle. His hand was actually quite cold, albeit your hand was very warm.

He led you up the steps, ignoring the curious stares of his bodyguards, all of whom were wondering who this lady was, to be able to get their boss to hold her hand.

Once at the top step, you noticed two dozens of servants bowing. Twelve servants were on either side, on a pathway that would lead up to the door.

"Welcome back, boss!" They said in complete unison.

You lowered your eyes, staring down at the platform, embarrassed to be in such attention -- Why hadn't you expected this? He was the most powerful man in the country, of course he would have workers to cater his needs.

--

Alaric's POV; Time Skip; 45 minutes later, after dinner...

My assistant was going to be staying in the guest room, which resided 3 rooms to my right. I just got out of the shower -- I had a bathroom in my bedroom -- and wrapped a white towel around my waist. I exited the clean restroom and entered my velvet-themed bedroom.

That was when I heard the door open. I turned around, shirtless and all, and saw Y/N standing at the doorframe. It was, to be frank, humiliating. What was going through her mind at the time, I couldn't be sure. A woman, the female I romantically liked, nonetheless, caught sight of me right after I got out of the shower -- Without my upperbody bare.

"Y/N, what are you doing here..?" I asked warily. Her face flushed red and she slammed the door.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Alaric! Wrong room, I really didn't mean to do that. I'm very sorry." Then I heard the shuffling of feet, most likely Y/N going back to her real room.

" Then I heard the shuffling of feet, most likely Y/N going back to her real room

(Little reference of the situation/room)

Why, of all times, why did the woman I loved have to see me in this state? I sincerely hoped she didn't think of me any different, or think I was hideous -- Which I probably was. But why would it matter? I never stood a chance to get with a lady such as herself even in my prime.

I opened my wooden closet and took out a silk one-piece. I slipped it on and allowed it to go to its natural position, the tops resting on my shoulders and the bottom of the pajama ending where my ankles were.

Walking towards my bed, I laid down, arms and legs apart. My black eyes stared up at the ceiling, wondering how I, the CEO known for "not having a heart", ended up falling for a middle-class employee? Once the press found out about this, there would most certainly be an uproar -- From both my "fangirls" and the wealthy, both of whom would be criticizing my decisions.

Tomorrow I was due to spend a day with my mother, who was visiting the country. She wanted to know if I had a love interest yet and couldn't ask via text or call because she could never know when she would get tracked. My father, Benjamin Kami, passed away just as I became CEO, so I didn't have to worry about him rejecting the female I was attracted to...

But my mother, what would she think if she found out I fell in love with someone who may not assist the Kami family financially..?

And then there was the fact I had to gain enough courage to tell her I had a crush. If Y/N found out, because my mother loves gossiping with her "friends," would she quit out of comfort?And/or stop acknowledging my presence?

With these thoughts filling my mind, albeit I found it hard to sleep, I eventually fell asleep at 1:32 AM.

--

A/N: I'm so sorry for the short AND late chapter, I haven't been feeling so good - Don't worry, not Covid or anything serious, just a small fever. I've spent most of the day on the couch watching anime so I haven't been writing much... This chapter is a first draft and I haven't checked it over, sorry for any and all grammar mistakes. Thanks for reading though :) The popularity has been going up by a lot and I really appreciate it!

This sounds so corny. Thanks for reading the entire thing.