Home

Sally

Chiron hadn't promised her anything. He hadn't promised her that her son was safe. He hadn't promised her if her son was okay. He hadn't promised her if her son was alive.

She had done everything in her power to keep her precious hero safe and happy - from marrying Gabe to simply making blue food.

Annabeth come by her house, but they soon stopped.

Paul told Sally that they couldn't give up on Percy - that he was still alive. But he didn't believe it. Hardly anyone believed Percy was alive.

Her book was published, but her son wasn't with her. Percy would've smiled so big. He would've hugged her and he would've been the first person to get a copy; he would've been the first person to read it, despite his dyslexia.

But he didn't get to smile with her.

Some days were okay - she would smile and she was happy, because that would be what Percy wanted. Others weren't.

Eight months had passed since the day Chiron had called Sally and told her Percy was missing. Then Chiron called.

Her mind immediately raced of possible updates: they found Percy's body, they found his fingerprint, or they found Percy. The very last one was highly improbable, but she had to hang onto the hope - even if everyone else had given up.

"He's coming home."

About twelve hours later, he was walking into the living room.

She hugged him, taking into account on how thin he'd gotten, how his gray streak had gotten more pronounced, and his new scars. All of these were concerning, but he was safe. He was alive.

Her little hero finally came home.

_________________________

This is like the shortest piece of writing I've ever written.

I wish Blood of Olympus had Percy reuniting with Sally scene. But I probably would've died with feels so...

I know about Percy calling from Alaska, but I realized that after I'd finished writing and I didn't know how to include it, so I guess something weird happened in my mind. But idk.

I wrote this really quick, so it probably sucks (like everything I write tbh).

Give me ideas for another one-shot. I am in desperate need.