See Clearly Now

Joseph Shepard

The world was basically having a breakdown. Why? Because the government figured out that there were these creatures, demigods, roaming around the earth. The problem was, you couldn't tell if someone was a demigod or just a regular human. But monsters could. So all they had to do was wait for a monster to come, and attack.

Joseph was with his friends--Grace Spark, Percy Jackson, and Tia Raman--when the intercom went cackled to life with the weird protocols the police ordered. "The government has announced that any demigods must be classified in lists. Any demigod residents can surrender their true identity at the front office."

"This is stupid," Grace muttered. Tia nodded in agreement.

"Come on," Joseph said. "They're a bunch of freaks. They're not even human! You can't side with them."

"Yes we can," Tia snapped, sounding shocked that someone would say a thing like that. "They're half human, and they haven't hurt any of us so far."

"As far as we know," Joseph retorted. "They've had that fog crap forever. They could've covered up billions of murders."

"How can you say that?" Grace demanded.

"They're not human. Here, Percy'll agree with me," Joseph said, turning to Percy.

"No," he said, looking at Joseph angrily. "They didn't choose to be a demigod, and if you look at the myths, demigods don't have happy endings. They're hunted by monsters every single day, they've fought wars, so why should they be hunted by mortals now?"

"Even Percy gets it," Grace said.

"You seriously believe that demigods should be treated like humans?" Joseph demanded.

"You do realize that a demigod could be in our school and you treat him or her like a regular human, right?" Tia asked.

"Not until they expose themselves," Joseph said stubbornly.

"What if one of us is a demigod?" Percy asked.

Joseph was silent for a moment before he said, "None of you are demigods."

"Well, yeah-" Tia started to say but was cut off.

"No," Percy said.

"No?" Grace asked.

"No. I'm a demigod. So am I a freak? Do I not deserve to be treated like a human?" Percy demanded.

"You're a demigod?" Grace demanded.

"Do you have a problem? Or were you just defending something you didn't believe?" he questioned.

"Whose son are you?" Tia whispered, obviously not wanting anyone else to hear.

"Poseidon," Percy stated, daring anyone else to object him. He spun around on his heal and walked down the hallway.

"Perce," Joseph said, jogging up to him, "I'm sorry. You've been my friend since freshman year, and...you deserve to be treated like a human, because you are a human."

"Thanks."

__________________________

Joseph walked into school to see Percy being dragged away by government agents.

"I'm not a demigod!" Percy shouted.

"According to Tia Raman, you admitted your heritage yesterday evening to her," said an officer.

"Tia?" Joseph asked, looking at her, who had just came in with Grace, in shock.

"I-I had to," she said.

"You told them?" Grace demanded.

"I had to!" Tia shouted.

"You didn't!" Joseph shouted.

"He was a threat!" she shouted back.

"Percy!" Grace shouted, trying to get to him, but the government workers pushed her back. "No! You can't do this! He hasn't hurt anyone!"

"Ma-am, we're sorry, but if you continue this, we'll have to put you under arrest," said the same officer from earlier.

"Don't arrest her!" shouted Percy. "Grace, don't her yourself arrested over me!"

The government workers dragged him away, and that was the last Joseph ever saw Percy Jackson.

__________________________

Yep. Another chapter. So it's just a one-shot, so there's no more chapters related to this one.

Um... ideas? Cause I'm all out.

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Tell me!