Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Bre's POV

"Hey Marsy, after breakfast wold you go on a walk with me so I can talk to you?" I asked him when it was only me and him in the kitchen.

"Of course, Goosie." Aww he used my childhood nickname. I smiled and hugged him tight. 

"You're the best friend I have ever had besides Sarah, but I probably love you more." I chuckled. I will sure have to call her, I haven't seen or talked to her since Granny's funeral.

"Why thank you, lovely lady. Your too kind. Haha, lets go eat." He laughed.

"Can't argue with that." I nod and follow him into the dinning room to sit next to Teuvo and Jon. Jon likes to feed Tyler which is weird because he won't change a diaper. 

"Is you're breakfast good?" I asked Teuvo. He had a little bit of everything on his plate.

"Yes, Miss Toews. It is very delightful. You're a lovely cook." He complimented me. I smiled at him.

"Sweetie, please don't call me Miss Toews it makes me feel old and i'm only twenty five. You can call me anything besides that. Please." I asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"What? So you don't like the last name Toews?" Jon joked. I shot him a glare.

"I love the name Toews, but the actual Miss Toews who is you're mother, Andrée, should have that name and only her should be called Miss Toews. Because she is your mother." I said. He chuckled lightly.

"You know you are the mother of my child, Tyler Jonathan Toews, so at one point you will be Miss Toews unless you don't want to marry me?" He questions. I know he's messing with me because we had a talk one night and I said i never want to be called Miss because I don't want to get old.

"Jonathan don't push it." I tell him. He chuckles and finishes his breakfast beginning to feed Tyler. I look at Marian's plate to see that he has indeed finished and so have I. I pick up all the dirty plates and place them into the kitchen sink before grabbing two tums because I know the heart burn will come shortly. 

"Bre, you ready to go on that walk?" Marian asked as he was walking into the kitchen. I grabbed two water bottles from the fridge and set them on the counter before jogging upstairs to grab a small backpack to carry my essentials and change into running shorts and a old t-shirt. I picked up a grey jacket and threw it into the backpack before jogging back downstairs to put on my socks and shoes. 

"Jon, me and Marian will be back we're going to take a walk. Alright sweetie?" I called out to him. He came out of the dining room holding Tyler who was asleep. Tyler is always sleeping, he's too cute.

"Sure, but just be back soon because we need to talk to Teuvo about something, I'll let you know when you come back. I love you Bre." He kissed me. I kissed Tyler's nose and patted his back.

"Okay. I love you too." I said before walking out the door with Marian. 

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks as we reach the end of the driveway. 

"Marsy, I'm so sorry about last night. I hate that it happened when your family was there, and I hate that I did it to you. I used to get these all the time, but they stopped for a long time and hopefully last night was just a one time thing. I didn't mean to lash out on you. Did I hurt you?" I apologized. He stopped at a bench and took off his jacket to pull his shirt up and show me the huge bruise on his lower back. 

"OH MY GOSH, I'M SO SORRY." I yelled as tears flooded my eyes. He put his shirt down and wrapped me into a warm hug.

"Hey, it's alright. Just a bruise, nobody knows about this so please don't tell anyone, you know i'll be benched. But i'm completely fine, okay it will heal." He told me.