Everyone Needs A Day Off

TW: Vomiting

So I was reading through this book and I found my first every oneshot being 'Sick Times', so I've decided to redo it in my new style of writing! The original will still be up but this is just the new and improved one, (well hopefully its better, that's up for you guys to decide).

Scott's POV:

The first thing I was aware of when I woke up was a sharp pain in my head. Forgetting that common sense was a thing, I opened my eyes fully, though they shut as quickly as they'd opened due to the sudden onslaught of light.

Headaches are one thing, but I am not dealing with a migraine I thought to myself bitterly. My mind decided that now would be the perfect time to present me with wisdom, I wholeheartedly disagreed with the timing since it made my head feel like it was being split in half.

I waited for a minute in hopes that it would stop me from being blinded by the light in my room. After finally daring myself to open my eyes once again, fortunately for me the light was bearable this time. 

After lying in my bed for a couple of minutes as I let myself wake up, I pushed myself into an upright position. The action made my head spin and the world seemed to tilt to the side a little, closing my eyes once again, I allowed my body to try fight off the sudden dizziness.

Once the world had finally stopped spinning, I opened my eyes and glanced over at my clock, it was 6:15 am. I sighed loudly as I forced myself into a standing position, the action caused me to be gifted with another strong wave of dizziness. I leaned heavily against the bedframe as I tried to keep myself standing while at the same time, maintain what little balance I had.

I knew that Dream and Tubbo wouldn't be waking up for at least another 2 hours, deciding that there was no point in changing out of my pjs I instead chose to go downstairs. Using the wall for support, I grabbed my phone and headed out into the hall.

After I finally managed to get down the stairs without falling flat on my face, I settled down on one of the sofas in the living room. For some reason, the sofa felt a lot more comfortable than I remember it being. 

I allowed myself to relax into the cushions and found my eyes were growing heavy, I blinked to try get rid of the feeling only to find that opening them was harder than usual. I yawned deeply before slumping further against the couch, at some point my eyes drifted shut and I knew nothing else of the world around me.

Dream's POV:

When I woke up, I had a feeling that something was off. I quickly realised that now was around the time of year where Scott would get sick. None of us knew why it happened, but we think it has something to do with stress.

I swiftly sat up in bed and swung my legs over the edge of it, I stood up and made my way into the hall. Taking a brief glace at Scott's bedroom, I quickly worked out that he'd already woken up since the door was wide open.

Sighing loudly, I quickly made my way downstairs to look for Scott. I granted myself some time to think about where my brother would be. The first place that came to mind was the living room so I strolled over to said room.

As I opened the door, I scanned the room briefly. I soon spotted Scott lying on one of the sofas, his deep and steady breathes told me that he was most likely asleep. I quietly walked over to where he was sleeping and crouched down.

The first thing I picked up on when looking at the sleeping form of my brother was the thin layer of sweat on his face. It didn't take a doctor to know that he was sick, I inwardly sighed. There were also dark rings under his eyes so it was safe to assume he didn't sleep much last night.