21|| Someone To Lean On

MALACHI'S POV

"Seems like a snack to me, bro."

"I knew you were stupid but a pervert? I never knew." I mock at Devin, who was currently sprawled on my bed like a dead fly scrolling through my Instagram feed; mainly Lilac's on my phone!

Our level of trust, ladies and gentlemen.

Recently, things between turtle and I had been off course and even though we agreed to be friends, something just isn't sitting right.

Not sure if it's just with me but I feel like something isn't right.

She's in no position to be rushed into anything and I would never force her to be. I'd rather wait. I know waiting kind of sucks, but I guess that's what you do when you're in love.

You wait.

Wait. Did I say lo-

"Hey!" Devin, snapped me out of my thoughts.

Devin Christian Walker; aka the idiot sprawled on my bed is my ultimate best friends, if you haven't realized by now.

We go a long way back, too long to recount but either way, he's pretty cool.

"You know, from what I've heard, she's a tough one. Her brothers are harsh and her parents are non existent." He paused. "I must admit,  we'd look good together." He admitted effortless.

Imbecile.

Next thing that happened was a basketball being slammed onto his stomach and I can assure anyone that if Michael Jordan himself was here, we'd be best friends forever.

"I think the fuck not." I sneered, walking to the bed to retrieve my basketball.

Just as I bent to pick the ball, the stupid child knocked me and if you're wondering, yes. It hurt.

"What the hell was that for!?"

"My expression of love for you."

"Oh gosh, how I want to strang-

But just before I could finish my sentence,  there was a slight knock on my door. "I swear, I'll get you later." I sneered, to Devin who had the middle finger out at me with his attention back on my phone.

I quickly walked over to the door and opened it only to be greeted with the memorizing eyes of Celeste.

At least one thing can keep me calm.

"Sweetheart, sorry to disturb you but your parents have organised a family dinner in the next hour." She peered over "-and tell him not to mess up the bed sheets." She whispered to me.

"Thank you Celeste, I'll be there. Now between throwing him out the window and risking people calling me a murder or pillow fighting him to dead, what do you think is better?"

"I can hear you!" Devin, announced causing me to roll my eyes and Celeste to chuckle.

"He's invited too, just make sure he's on his best behaviour."

"Of course." I assured her, before closing the door.

"We need to get ready." I exhaled, hands on the back of my door as if a break in was about to take place.

****LILAC'S POV***

I've always imagined myself jumping off a 200ft cliff and fall into numerous rocks with sharp ends corner then laying there to die when things don't comprehend with my criteria, but right now?