The Way Home

Jasper panicked.
His cockpit was on fire. He tried to slow the plane down as much as possible and then opened the canopy.
Jasper jumped from his plane. He pulled the tap on his parachute and felt the parachute yank him from his diving speed and he began drifting slowly towards the ground.

Jasper landed near a tree in an open farm field.  He unbuckled himself from the parachute and started running back where he think he saw Terry land.
Jasper saw Terry sitting on an old wooden bench.
"Terry!" Jasper yelled running to his friend. "Jasper!" Terry said relieved.
"Thank goodness that you are alright." said Jasper sitting down.
"Ya, it's good to see you too." said Terry standing up.
"There's a house over there." said Terry pointing at the small house in the distance.
"Let's go see if they can give us a lift." said Jasper.

Jasper knocked on the door. It didn't take long for someone to open the creaking door, made of wood. An old man appeared from the black room behind him.
"You look like soldiers." said the old man standing up straight.
"Yes, we were shot down in battle and were wondering if you could give us a ride to the nearest airbase." said Terry.
"Hmm." said the man looking at the two pilots "My son can take you."
The man looked back and called "Fred!"
A man that looked like he was in his 40s came walking from the dark behind the old man.
"Could you give these soldiers a ride to the nearest airbase?"
Fred looked at the two.
"Ya sure."
Fred lead the two to his old rusty truck.

The truck pulled up to the airbase where they were stopped by a soldier standing by the main road. Jasper and Terry got out of the truck, rushing to the guard.
"And who are you?" said the soldier.
"Leading Aircraftsman Jasper Miller and Terry Jones sir." said Jasper standing up strait.
A military truck came on the dirt road leading to the barracks.
"Get in." said the driver.
Jasper and Terry waved goodbye to Fred. With a smile in return, Fred began driving back to the farm.

Jasper and Terry met up with the rest of their squad.
"Where were you up there?" asked Terry.
"We were dealing with the other bomber squads." said James.
"Good job making your way back."
"We had some help." said Terry looking at the dirt road.
"Well welcome back." said James with a smile.