Q & A

SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS! 

Q: What is the theme?

A: The theme is being revealed on two different dates. The first group was informed on the 24th of June and the second group will be informed on the 25th of July.

Q: When is the last date for submission? 

A: There are two dates for submission. 
The first due date is: 19th July 2021, 11:59 PM and the second due date is: 19th August 2021, 11:59 PM. 

Q: Why are there two submission dates?

A: The reason is simple: we all are busy. For some, the June to July workload is lighter while for others it is the July to August. Having two dates not only allows more people to participate but also allows the writers to not be bogged down with work.

Q: Does having two submission date change anything? How does this work?

A: Having two submission dates does not affect any part of this competition. This was just me keeping in mind people's schedules and working around it. 

The writers, when messaging me about their participation, were asked which due date is more suitable to their schedule. Those who preferred July are already aware of the theme, those who preferred August will know about the next month. Through this, it has been made sure that no one is put at an advantage or has more days than the others to work on their entries. 

Each group has 26 days to work on their piece. 

Q: What is the word limit?

A. The word limit is 1500 to 2000 (fifteen hundred to two thousand) words or less. Lyrics, Shayari and quotes are not included in the word count.

Q: What do you mean by OG Shravan and Suman?

A: By referencing OG Shravan and Suman, I mean Namik and Nikita's version of Shravan and Suman. There are many fanfictions on the Season 2 Shravan and Suman and the fandom has often referred to them as ShraMan instead of the new ship name when it comes to adding tags to their stories. 

Q: Do we have to follow the storyline? How much creative control do I have?

A: No. The beauty of this competition is that the writers have full creative control of their stories. The setting, the character backgrounds, the characters, they are with the writers to do with as they please. You can add, kill or throw anyone you want!

The only thing that will be constant is Shravan Malhotra and Suman Tiwari as the main leads. 

Q: Is there anything else that I should know about?

A: There are quite a few things that the participants have to keep in mind: 

→ Writers! You have to keep quiet about your participation! 

→ The story has to be on the theme given. You can always have other ideas and sub-themes but the theme given is central. 

→ Your pieces must have a title.

→ If you wish your story to have a book cover, you are more than welcome to make one and attach it to your email. If you don't want to have one, that works perfectly fine as well! No pressure on anyone. 

→ Please go through the spellings and any formatting ( this includes bold, italics, underline, page breaks, paragraph breaks) you wish to have in your Word Document.
I will be going through each piece and formatting it according to Wattpad, but please do your part as well. 

→ Once you are done, email your piece to likhavat.wattpad@gmail.com

→ Please put your Wattpad Handle/User Name in the email subject so I know who has sent in their work. 

If you have any more questions, you can either drop them here or my DM's which are always open.