Chapter 11 - Gooseleg's POV

As the sun slid down the sky, I sat with Snakeslither and Cannibalcorpse at the new territory line. Cannibalcorpse growled in frustration as he tried to push the thorn-trap - that had been weaved around his muzzle the night before - off. He was only granted to take it off to eat, which he hardly had done. I assumed he didn't think prey was the same as cat meat. He doesn't like to talk either, but from what I have noticed, I've realized he craved cat meat like a mother fucker.

Snakeslither flicked the black tom on the shoulder with his tail tip and muttered, "Stop that." Cannibalcorpse jumped in surprise and stopped. Sitting up straight, he sat there with a trembling tail and twitching ears. The orange sky didn't take long to fade to dark blue, and as the stars began to shine above, I started to become agitated as I began to believe Weedsmoke wouldn't come.

"They think everything is such a fucking joke," I snarled through clenched teeth. "I advice we leave after the moon is up a quarter way." Snakeslither commented. I nodded, trying to keep my calm.

Just as he finished his sentence, a patrol consisting of Weedsmoke, Smokethroat, and Blazeleaf emerged out of the forest and halted in front of us. "We apologize for taking so long." Smokethroat bowed his head to me. Looking quite pissed off, Weedsmoke flicked his ear and didn't say anything. Someone didn't get his usual amount of Catmint today. I guessed, sizing up the brown tabby tom.

I decided not to ask why. Standing up, I stood at the new territory line with an impatient look across my face. Smokethroat gestured with his tail for Blazeleaf to come forward. She dropped the bundle of the strong-smelling herbs at our paws. I sniffed at it to confirm it was Catmint, then bowed my head to the three StonerClan warriors. "Thank you," I meowed. "We won't have to use Cannibalcorpse after all."

Weedsmoke rolled his eyes and made his way back. Blazeleaf gulped and made her way carefully around the tom to mark their new border. Cannibalcorpse watched through wide, hungry eyes. Smokethroat helped out then rushed off with Blazeleaf on his heels. Grabbing the ivy leaf that held the large amount of Catmint, I headed off.

"I assume Weedsmoke wasn't too impressed that we didn't bring Bluecloud," Snakeslither purred. Cannibalcorpse let out a raspy purr and stood up to follow the guard. The three of us began to head back.

"I'm going to give Cannibalcorpse some Thyme and I will order Whisperwind and you, Snakeslither, to take him out without the thorn-trap," I mumbled the muscular guard. "I want you to hunt. We can't keep the poor tom locked up all the time or he will never heal." I looked over my shoulder to look at the guard. He seemed to be worried but Snakeslither agreed nonetheless.

***

"Kissmyass, give Cannibalcorpse some Thyme before he goes out. Has Greenshit been shitting too much lately?" I meowed after dropping the Catmint. "No, she hasn't actually. The amount of time she spends shitting has changed to a normal amount. She has been doing well and I think we should discuss when she can leave." Kissmyass answered.

I dipped my head to her, grabbed some Thyme, and ducked out of the medicine den. "Cannibalcorpse!" I called. "Here, now."

The tom hurried over with wide eyes - like usual - and stood in front of me. His tail lashed impatiently, watching my every move. I dropped the Thyme and twitched my ear. "I'm going to take your thorn-trap off now. Take these herbs and go with Snakeslither and Whisperwind." He nodded eagerly and only stopped as I began to take off his muzzle-barrier.

I put down the thorn-trap and looked up at him. He opened his jaws wide to stretch his mouth. "Eat the Thyme." I demanded, wrinkling my nose at the raunchy smell of his breath. While he ate the herbs, I headed over to the hunched over she-cat who was whispering to herself. "Take some Thyme, Whisperwind. It'll calm you down." 

The scrawny, shaky she-cat eyed me before snatching the herbs away from my paws. As she ate the herbs, I hurried over to Toomanypersonalitiesstorm, IcantbelieveImnotbutterface, and ThereisahellbelievemeIveseenit to give them the Thyme as well.

I watched Snakeslither follow close behind Cannibalcorpse and Whisperwind cautiously, waiting for Cannibalcorpse to make a move. He won't be leaving this Clan anytime soon if we don't give him a chance, I reassured myself.

OCDstar padded up to me and dipped his head to me. He looked oddly normal. Did he get into my stash of herbs? I wondered as I narrowed my eyes at the tom. "We need to discuss Greenshit's new name and where he will be going when he is granted to leave. He will choose a Clan and then I will go out to discuss his admission there," The white leader informed me. I nodded in agreement.

"Grab Greenshit so we can discuss what Clan he will be going into," I demanded. OCDstar nodded and padded up to Greenshit who was chatting happily with Bloodpiss. I watched as she paid attention to OCDstar as he spoke and then nodded. He followed behind the leader, confusion flooding his eyes. "What do you need, Gooseleg?" He mewed.

"We would like to know what Clan you would like to join. We are granting your discharge." I watched Greenshit's face light up as I answered his question. "I would like to leave the Clans and to go by the name Stone."

OCDstar and I exchanged glances. I suddenly remembered why I was in these fucked up Clans. Do I make him stay? Do I let him go? I wondered, narrowing my eyes at the tom in shock and astonishment. "Well then we will do the announcement now." OCDstar bowed his head to the tom and padded away.

OCDstar stood outside of his den and raised his voice to make everyone hear him, "Gather to hear my word!"

Everyone in the camp gathered with unsure gazes and impatient murmurs. "Greenshit is now named Stone. He is granted to leave and he wants to be a loner outside of the territories. Now that Stone is outside of the Clans, he will be fought off if seen." The Clan cheered Stone's new name, including me. The cheers echoed through the silent air. Stone looked so pleased and confident, I thought he would begin to dance in happiness.

Just as the cheers died down, Snakeslither burst into the camp with wide eyes and knotted fur. "Cannibalcorpse killed Whisperwind and is on the loose! He ran off and I can't find him!" The guard panted.

Fury pulsed through me. Why can't you just do a simple job and keep him with you? I wanted to snarl in the guards face and rake out his eyeballs out of pure anger.

***

I'm sorry if you're confused about Stone's gender .__. I thought he was a girl but I guess I put him as a guy so xD I apologize. Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for slow updates on this xD

I'm going to make a new book about Rock (yes the blind, naked, old cat). So stay tuned!

P_A83 out!