Chapter 10:~Welcome to Rivendell~

Legolas slept peacefully in his bed in Mirkwood. The packing of the prince's things had already been done. Today The Prince of Mirkwood would travel to Rivendell.

His caretaker Aelena walked into his room and gently gave him a shake, "My Prince. Legolas, it's time to get up and get ready to leave," And Legolas opened his eyes and looked up at the kind elleth.

Aelena smiled, "Let's get you bathed and dressed. You have a few days journey ahead of you," Legolas just nodded and fallowed the elleth into the bathroom.
----------
Aelena helped the little prince get dressed and she helped him with his tunic top and vest and pants and his small boots.

She gently then brushed his long blonde hair and put up two small braids on each side of his head and smiled, "Now you're ready for breakfast and leaving," And Legolas nodded.

They went out of the big gate where the company of elves waited who was to escort Legolas to Rivendell. The guard Corym smiled at the prince. He was the one who should train Legolas in the future.

Little Legolas glanced at his father who was looking at him firmly.
Legolas swallowed and went over to Corym who helped the little prince up on his horse and handed him his little playbow and quiver and got on the horse and Legolas put his arms around the guard's waist.

Croym commanded the horse to start moving and he and the escort left Mirkwood with Legolas and set off to Rivendell that was four days from Mirkwood.

Thranduil looked down and sighed and went into the palace again.

(Four days later)

They arrived to Rivendell and Corym helped Legolas off his horse and they went up to the entrance gate of Elrond's house.

Corym knocked on the gate and two guards opened it and Elrond showed up.

Legolas hurried to hide behind Corym. And Elrond smiled warmly at the little scared prince, "This must be my patient and guest. You must be Legolas," And Corym looked down at the little prince that was hiding behind him, "Don't be afraid, little one. Go and say hi to Lord Elrond," And Legolas looked up at the guard. "Go, av-'osto, Legolas,(Don't be afraid) He's not going to hurt you. Lord Elrond is going to take care of you," And Legolas slowly went over to the elf Lord.

Elrond smiled at the prince, "You look tired, penneth. Maybe we shall get you something delicious to eat and get some rest," "Yes, sir,"Legolas mumbled, still a little scared and shy of the elven Lord before him.
Lord Elrond smiled, "You don't have to call me that, Legolas. You can call me Elrond," "Okay,"Legolas mumbled. And Lord Elrond turned to two of his guards, "Bring Legolas things to his temporary room," And the elven guards nodded and begged to bring Legolas things into the house.

Corym went over to Legolas, "Be good, Legolas," And Legolas nodded and Corym and the rest of Legolas escort left and Legolas fallowed Lord Elrond into the house.

(A while later)

Elrond tucked Legolas in, "Losto mae, penneth," (Sleep well, young one) And he left the room and closed the door behind him when he suddenly heard shouting.

"Adar! Adar! Is he here! Where is he!," His twin sons Elladan and Elrohir came shouting. "Dîn, ion níns,"(Quiet, my sons) Elrond explained, "I have just tucked him in," And Elladan sighed, "How is he? He recently lost his nana," And Lord Elrond sighed, "I think he's better now than he was in Mirkwood. I think what he needs most right now is people who loves and cares for him which Thranduil couldn't give him in Mirkwood. I shall send a message to Lady Galadriel, your grandmother and see when we can meet her. She may help us help Legolas deal with the grief," And Elladan and Elrohir nodded. "Sister is also sleeping, adar,"Elladan explained. And Elrond nodded, "Good. Let's get begin with the dinner. You need to do something. You've been playing all day," And they went to the kitchen.