Chapter 14

We finished our food and the episode of Looney Tunes and sat in our respected beds for a few minutes, everyone was on their phone. I looked up a few times and caught Ashton looking at me while looking at his phone. 

"Meg, do you wanna go to the mall?" I heard Ashton say. I moved my phone down and looked at him. 

"Sure," I said and smiled brightly, I love shopping. 

"Ooh, I wanna go!" Calum said jumping up and down. 

"Calum stop," Michael said, motioning to the people down below. 

"Oops sorry," He said and chuckled. 

"No, you're not allowed," Ashton said and smiled at me. 

"Hey! Why?" Calum said. Ashton laughed and I giggled.

"Are you sure you want to walk around for like 5 hours looking for a shirt?" Ashton said laughing. I scoffed and looked at Ashton. Michael laughed and Luke was in his own world. 

"Ooh, you're right, I'm okay." Calum said and took a seat next to Michael. 

"Okay Mr. Sass, let's go," I said and got my phone, keys, and wallet. He laughed and did the same although he didn't have his license. We walked out of the door and waved to the guys. Michael looked at me with his eyes cocked at us. I smiled and waved. We headed to the elevators and I leaned my head on him as we were waiting. 

"What stores are we going to at the mall?" I asked when the doors opened for us. He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me.

"Anywhere you want," My whole face brightened and I smiled big. I have never been to Georgia before.

"Wait, do you know where it's at?" I asked him, I don't know if they've been to Georgia. 

"No, but google maps does," He said and laughed. I laughed along and looked at him for a few seconds.

"Okay suits me," I said and the doors opened. We walked out and headed to the bus. 

"Do you want to walk? It says it's about 10 minutes if we walk." He said while we walked to the bus. 

"Sure I don't mind," I said and smiled small. We walked across the busy street when no cars were coming.

"So, tell me why you don't drink beer because it's my favorite," He said and chuckled. I lightly laughed to show I'm not uncomfortable. I tensed up when I heard his sentence and he felt it. He put his hand out and I took it in mine. I looked up at him and looked back down.

"Uh, well my parents," I said and looked at my moving feet. 

"Meg, you know I got you right, I literally just met you like 2 days ago but the boys have a lot of faith in you and I know I do too. You're going to do just fine with us and we are looking out for you" He said with sincere eyes. 

"Can we sit at that park so it'll be easier to talk about this?" I asked hopefully. I don't want him to say no but I never know.

"Of course" The park was coming up on our right and I saw a bench. I took a seat when it became available and he followed. I sat on the left side and he sat on the right. I moved my braids to my shoulders and played with the ends of them. I crossed my legs and sat facing his body. He turned his body so he can see me. I sighed and everything hit me at once. 

"I never like to talk about this," I said and looked at the ends of my dirty blonde hair. He touched my shoulder and nodded.

"No I understand if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to," He said and rubbed my arm. I eased a little bit and sighed.

"No it's okay, you're going to hear about it eventually," I said and he nodded.

"Well, growing up was a bitch for me, I- uh I used to come home from school to see my parents passed out on the couch and dozens of bottles of I don't even know what was everywhere. I would always pick them up and throw them away. One time- fuck sorry" I said as I felt my voice start to shake and my eyes started watering. I looked up to stop the tears from forming. 

So much for going to the mall I guess.

He nodded and placed his hand on my knee rubbing it lightly. It eased the tension and relaxed me for a few seconds.

"One time, I was cleaning up after my parents and my dad woke up. He-uh he told me that he never wanted to see me again and how much of a disappointment I am to them. They never understood that the house was always cleaned up after what they did and things like that. I would stay up until 2 in the morning waiting for my parents to get home, sometimes they never came home until 5" I felt my tears growing bigger and bigger. I blinked and a few fell.

"Fuck my makeup," I said and laughed lightly. I used my hand to try to get rid of them. 

"Come here," he said and motioned to him. I turned my body and leaned into him. He held me and I cried a little bit into his chest. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying," I said trying to not make him feel sad. 

"No, Meg, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for. You are so beyond strong and I completely admire that. I'm happy you've held onto your dream, I can tell you've worked hard for it." He said and smiled small at me. I moved in closer and felt his arms tighten. 

"Okay, let's finish the story so we can go to the mall," I said and lightly laughed.

"Well, junior year I was sick of it, I was sick of being told I was ugly and how terrible of a person I was so I got divorced from my parents, senior year. While growing up, I wanted to be a model, not one you see on websites but models who were on the runway. I was thinking about divorcing them for a long time and realized I can't live like that anymore. I got restraining orders for both of my parents and extended family. I told my Aunt everything that was happening and she did absolutely nothing. In the end, they left me for drugs, and now I have to figure this life thing out. So to end a very long story, I came from a broken home and now I am on tour with my favorite band in the world who helped me through the darkest of times." I said and lightly laughed at how surreal everything is. 

"I'm sure you've met some very broken people" I laughed and sniffled. He chuckled and held me for a few more minutes before I backed away. 

"Meg, don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. You are so powerful and I believe in you." He said and my heart fluttered. 

"Thank you, Ash, that actually means the world to me," I said and sniffled looking at him. He looked at me and flicked his eyes to my lips. 

"Okay, let's not be sad anymore and have a fun time at the mall. When's the concert?" I said and he nodded.

"7," He smiled and stood up extending his arm out to me. I took it and nodded. We walked holding hands and smiling. I wiped my tears and moved my braids to the front of my shoulders. I leaned my head on his arm and we walked for a few more minutes before reaching the big doors to Lenox Square