Chapter 15

Ashton and I went through the doors and immediately felt the cool air graze our skin. We sighed feeling the relief of not sweating anymore. 

"This feels so good," Ashton said, I nodded and laughed agreeing with him. We kept walking making a few turns exploring a little more.

We walked past a few stores, while I pointed out some outfits that were cute. We made it to American Eagle and I decided to stop in there. Ashton went to the boy's side and I went to the girl's side. I found a cute crop top and flowy tank top, I looked for my size and held onto them while I searched for shorts.

I found a rack of ripped shorts and saw a gray-washed pair. I looked for my size but halfway through, I forgot what size I was. I waved down a worker and he helped me get a dressing room so I can try on the size. I heard Ashton calling my name a couple of times and we played a quick game of Marco Polo so he could find me. He stood outside the room I'm guessing on his phone and I changed into the crop top and shorts. I opened the curtain and showed Ashton. 

"Woah," He said looking at the outfit. 

"What?" I said while laughing, concern heavy in my voice, I started getting a little insecure.

It probably looks bad, but I think it's cute.

"That looks extremely good," he said while smiling at me. 

"Really? I think it looks pretty good" I said and finally felt comfortable in my outfit. 

"Yes, beyond good," He said in a thick Australian accent. I giggled and closed the curtain changing back into my regular clothes. I left the room and Ashton was standing there waiting for me. I decided on getting the outfit and a pair of sunglasses since the pair I brought were a little outdated. I got in line while Ashton was walking around, he got a pair of sunglasses and a couple of shirts. 

I smiled at him when he met my gaze and then he joined me in line. I was thinking about the price and adding it up in my head to see how much I would need to spend. 

So the shirt is $12, the tanktop is $22, the shorts are $35, and sunglasses are about $15. How are sunglasses more expensive than a crop top? 

We were next in line and my final guess was about $85. I smiled and felt satisfied with my guess. 

"I can take whoever's next!" The polite worker said. Ashton smiled and pulled me with him. I was confused and looked at him mouthing 'what?' He smiled and shook his head. 

"I'm paying for you," He said with a bright smile. 

"Ash you don't have to," I said, however, he insisted. We were bickering for a few minutes while at the register. The overworked teen looked very amused. Within 2 minutes her face altered as if she had seen a ghost.

"Wait, are you Ashton Irwin?" She whispered and looked between the two of us. Ashton looked at me as if he was ready for a swarm of people to run up to him. He looked at her and he nodded.

"But shh, I just want to go to the mall and have fun before our concert. Are you going?" She nodded out of understanding and as a 'yes' to his question. He smiled and I smiled looking between the both of them.

"Good, you're gonna have a great time," He said and I smiled at them. She smiled back at him in awe. 

"Is this everything you guys needed?" She asked, we both nodded. 

"I'm going to give you guys an employee discount," She said typing in her code with a smile. I smiled at her and said, "thank you." She nodded back at me and giggled.

"Alright your total was $134 even and I knocked it down to $87 even." I smiled brightly and Ashton had wide eyes. 

"Holy shit, thank you," He said and put his card in the machine.