Chapter 9

I woke up from my nap completely forgetting where I was. I looked around without moving because I was nervous, I saw Luke and Michael playing on their phones. I looked up as far as I could without moving and saw Calum's leg. I smiled and realized where I was. I turned my body a little bit so I was a little more on my back than my side. I felt Ashton wrap his arm around my waist and I felt like I was in Heaven. I blushed with a smile on my face. I looked at Michael and saw him smiling at me. 

I made a confused face at him and he lightly laughed. That caused Luke to put his phone down a little to see what Michael was looking at and he started giggling too. I mouthed 'be quiet' to the two and twitched my head slightly to Ashton. They nodded and settled down. Michael did a smirk at me when I mentioned Ashton and I smiled. He smiled and looked back at his phone. I laid there for a few more minutes running my nails down his arm. 

He was still sleeping so I decided to grab my phone and take out my airpod that wasn't playing music. It stopped about 15 minutes ago while I was sleeping I'm guessing. I put it on the ground since my case was far away from me and I was comfortable. It was cold on the bus so I pulled the blanket to my neck.

 I turned my phone on and laid there scrolling through Twitter. A couple of people were tweeting things about me saying things like, 'there's something going on.' I liked the tweets and kept scrolling. I went to Instagram and went to my explore page. I saw a bunch of 5SOS pictures and skipped them since I don't want the boys to think I stalk them, even though I do. I saw some makeup videos and clicked on those watching them.

It's so interesting how makeup can do wonders. I left Instagram and swiped to my camera. I took pictures of Michael and Luke. I smiled a little bit and then flipped the camera and pointed it up seeing Calum. He was asleep so I took a few more. Then I pointed the camera to me and took in my appearance. My mascara was flaking a little bit so I wiped it off and took a picture. I put the camera up a little to take a picture of me and Ashton. He was so cute laying there. 

I'm surprised he's still sleeping but he hasn't moved and he probably didn't fall asleep until after me. I checked the time and it said 6:34 PM. 

Wow, we have a long way to go. 

I put my phone down and turned around laying in Ashton's chest. He moved a little wrapped his arms a little tighter around my waist before letting go a little. I smiled small and laid there for a few seconds. I decided that since I have nothing else to do, I should just think. 

I'm on a bus with my favorite people in the world, laying on the love of life's chest and I just took a nap with him. I want to ask why I am going with them on tour but I don't want to intrude. They said they have plans with me but I don't know if that's a good thing. 

How did I even get here?

I went to their concert and now I'm on a bus with them. I'm confused. Everything I did in my life led me up to this moment. From my family to which I don't speak to and then to my friends who left me because of my life plans. I bet my friends are pretty upset right now. 

I started to think about my family, my mother, and my father who left me for drugs. I would sit at home until they got home from the street. We lived in Philadephia, the hotspot for addicts. They wouldn't come home until 2 AM most nights and sometimes even 5. I hated it, I ruined my sleep schedule to make sure they were alright. I regret that with everything. The second I turned 16 I thought about getting emancipated. At 17, I divorced my parents and haven't heard from them since. I blocked their numbers, social media, and the rest of my family's contact information. I'm on my own and I've been doing a good job with that. 

I used to be a model for a small boutique and got $10 every time someone bought something I was modeling. Since I am with 5SOS now, I haven't been back for any shoots they put me in for. I don't regret it either. I hope the people I'm with now won't fire me like the other girls but only time will tell. 

My friends were a whole different story in the becoming of my person. They never believed in me so we stopped talking. I was talking about my plans one night a sleepover and they completely shut all my dreams down. They said I wouldn't make it, I would have no future, and I wouldn't be anything in my life. The only thing holding me together right now is this band and Ashton since I'm literally in his arms. They have helped me with so much and I don't know what I would do without these guys. I'm holding Luke to his word, he believes in me. I'm so grateful for all of them.

My anxiety started to flare up and my body tensed. I think Ashton felt it and subconsciously held me tighter.

 How did he know what to do?

Do the boys do this with each other?

I have faith in these guys, they have a very bright future and their songs are very good. I want them to succeed and I think they will without a doubt. I nuzzled my head into Ashton's chest and breathed deeply. I felt him shift a little bit and I stayed still hoping I didn't wake him up. I smiled small and a deep red rushed to my cheeks. I heard Luke and Michael whisper to each other but didn't think anything of it. We have a long ride there and we won't make it until about 2 or 3 in the morning. I sighed and felt a cool breeze from the air conditioner. I fell asleep once more in his arms.