4. shortcuts

(this is what our sweet ophelia looks like)

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 -> 𝟏𝟕 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐋𝐃

"BONNIE, HAVE YOU SEEN MY RING?" Ophelia was getting ready for school, trying to find the ring that has always been on her finger for as long as she could remember.

When Ophelia woke up from her very long nap, the only thing she could remember was being adopted by a wonderful family and her new sister, Bonnie Bennett.

"I haven't seen it, maybe check the bathroom?" Ophelia walked to the bathroom to see her ring sitting in the soap holder. She stifled out a small laugh as she put it back on her finger.

"Thank you, BonBon, you're a lifesaver. Maybe your witch instincts do come in useful."

Bonnie smiled at her sister as she started to pack her backpack for school. Ophelia was still a little hungover from the masquerade ball the night before, however, she was sober enough to notice how Elena has not responded to any of her texts.

"Do you know where Elena is? I tried to text her, but she hasn't responded." Bonnie just shook her head no, also wondering where her best friend went as well.

"I'm sure she'll show up at school, but let's go now before we're late." Ophelia agreed with Bonnie and got into her car to drive off to school.

༻❁༺

Ophelia was at her locker, putting away her heavy textbooks that were in her backpack. 

"Hey, Ophelia." She jumped slightly as Stefan came up to her locker, a little on edge, still worrying about Elena.

"Hey, Stefan. Oh, also, Elena's got to let me know if I'm supposed to cover for her, so you should tell her that if she sleeps over at your house-"

Stefan interrupted Ophelia, wondering what she was going at.

"Woah, what are you talking about? Elena didn't come over last night." Ophelia's heart dropped slightly, now that her anxiety was starting to rise. She cared for her friends deeply and the thought of them being in trouble, worried her.

"Wait...she didn't stay at your place last night?"

"No, I mean I saw her at the party but that was it. She didn't sleep over," Stefan said, starting to get worried as well.