13. chicago

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"WELL, IT'S ME YOU SHOULD be thanking. I mean, I'm the one who brought the cure." The voice of Katherine made Ophelia turn her head to the door. She walked over to the pair and poured some of Klaus's in Damon's mouth.

"I thought you wouldn't come," Damon said, weakly, gradually getting his strength back.

"I owed you one." Katherine threw the bottle of Klaus' blood to Ophelia, her catching it swiftly. Walking out of the room, leaving Ophelia and Damon alone, the thought of what went down earlier in the night started to reminisce back in Damon's mind.

"So... about earlier tonight-"

"Did you mean it?" Ophelia was staring out into space while talking, extremely tired from the eventful night. She wondered if Damon really meant what he said while he was on his death bed.

"What?"

"Do you really have feelings for me?" Ophelia held her head down, not ready for Damon's answer, but she felt a hand lift her chin up gently. She saw that it was Damon, a smile plastered on his face.

"I meant it."

༻❁༺

Ophelia was peacefully sleeping with her comfy feather-filled blanket while turning to her side. She put her head on a pillow which seemed to be harder than usual, but her mind started to turn when the pillow talked.

"Rise and shine sleepy head." Ophelia lifted her head up to see Damon laying comfortably on her bed. She immediately shrieked and got up to cover her body.

"What are you doing? Get out!"

"You know you were dreaming about me. Explains the drool."

Ophelia rolled her eyes as she went to her nightstand to check the time. "Seriously, Damon? It's six a.m. Do you really have nothing better to do at six a.m.?"

"Fine, don't come with me to bring Stefan home. See ya." Ophelia's eyes widened, surprised that they finally have a location on Stefan.

"Wait, what are you talking about? Where is he?"

"Windy City," Damon told Ophelia to pack up for the road trip. He went into her drawers and grabbed out a red lacey underwear, smirking at Ophelia through the mirror. "Put these in the "yes" pile."

Ophelia rolled her eyes while getting up to get ready for the trip.

༻❁༺

After the long trip to Chicago, Ophelia and Damon found themselves at a bar searching for anyone who seemed to know the whereabouts of Stefan. Damon was staring at the bartender who seemed to recognize him, making Ophelia's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Well, look what the wind blew in. Last I heard, you hated this place."

"Gloria. Damn! If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around." Gloria smiled then her attention diverted from Damon to Ophelia. She recognized her right away and her mouth was open slightly.

"Ophelia Mikaleson, wow, I see you get your father's good looks. Your uncle was talking about you earlier."

"Well, I hope it's all good things," Ophelia said, jokingly.

"Gorgeous and funny, she's a keeper, Damon." The pair stared at each other awkwardly before going back to the reason why they were in Chicago.

"So, you've seen my brother and her uncle, where are they now?"

"They're out running a little errand for me. They should be back tonight."

"Gloria, just tell me where my brother is at," Damon said while grabbing her hand, trying to convince her to tell him information.

Gloria laughed softly then pushed away Damon's hand from hers. "Not a chance, sweetheart."

༻❁༺

Damon and Ophelia decided to wait until night to go back to the bar. Stefan was now accompanied by Elena, her trying to convince him to go back home.

At the bar, Ophelia and Damon took the empty seat that was next to Klaus. Smiling wickedly, Klaus put his glass down to turn his attention to the pair. "Hello, niece. Damon. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Oh, honey, you know what we're here for." Damon had snarkiness and sass laced in his voice, making Ophelia roll her eyes.

"You don't give up, do you?"

"Give me my brother back...You'll never have to see me again."

"Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly, you want to die, otherwise, you wouldn't be here, so..." Before Klaus could finish his sentence, Ophelia took this as an opportunity to try and convince him.

"Uncle, please let Stefan go." Klaus's sarcastic smile turned into a vulnerable frown, surprised that Ophelia called him "uncle." He hasn't heard her call him that ever since the day she was taken.

"How about this? Ophelia, you come with me because I'm sure you would want to meet your aunt again, and you can make sure I won't hurt Stefan in any way." Ophelia was about to respond, but Damon did it for her.

"No. Nope. No way in hell that you are going to go anywhere near Ophelia alone."

"Damon, you can't make my choices for me. I want to go. After all, they are my family, I know they would never hurt me and Klaus proved that to me today." Klaus smiled proudly as Damon furrowed his eyebrows in anger.

"I said no." Ophelia sighed in frustration then turned her back towards Damon while she faced Klaus. She gave him an approving smile and Klaus smirked back, knowing exactly what his niece was thinking.

Klaus grabbed Ophelia and vamp-sped out of the bar, leaving a flabbergasted Damon in the bar knowing he royally messed up.

random question: which one is your comfort show? tvd or to?

honestly both of them are ahaha, but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter 💕💕