9. the truth

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

OPHELIA WAS IN HER CAR, WHILE Elijah was in the passenger seat who was drinking a blood bag dry. When Ophelia told Damon she was going to bed and was "tired", she was actually undaggering Elijah and stayed up all night until he woke.

"Your color is coming back, so that's good." Elijah ignored Ophelia and went straight to asking her questions.

"Where did you get the dagger?"

"I'll tell you everything, but we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word that you'll also tell me the truth." Elijah turned his head towards Ophelia, not sure if he was willing to trust her just yet, considering that her friends daggered him from behind.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Ophelia sighed, slightly frustrated, but still tried to contain her firmness to try and convince Elijah.

"No demands, I'm offering you my help and in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?"

"I want to know more about my family and I'm pretty sure you want to know more about me as well." Elijah stared at Ophelia in shock, wondering where this sudden phrase came out from.

"Why would you think that I have the resources that will help you?"

"Klaus said it was not his story to tell. For some reason, every time I try to figure out my past, my mind leads to you." Elijah sunk in his seat slightly, knowing telling her the truth was an inappropriate time, especially in a car.

Before anybody could say anything, Ophelia's phone started to buzz. She answered it quickly, knowing how Damon was worried about her.

Ophelia was about to speak first, but Damon beat her to it.

"Are you insane?! Why the hell would you undagger Elijah and take him to God knows where? Where are you, I'm picking you up."

"Damon, I'm fine, I trust him. I need to find answers and I think Elijah can help with that." Ophelia looked at Elijah who was staring outside of the car window.

"Yeah, but I don't trust him. Tell me where you're at right now or else I will-" before Damon could finish his sentence, Ophelia hung up on him, already knowing that he was cussing her off back at home.

Once the call ended, Elijah held out his left hand, indicating that Ophelia should put her phone there. After a slight hesitation, she persisted and put the phone in his hand.