Absolute Zero

You had your favorite song on as you drummed your thirium-stained hands on the steering wheel. You'd forgotten how much you love to drive. You had a feeling your fun was about to come to an abrupt end, however, when you rounded the corner onto Anthony's street and found him standing outside fully-dressed.

His arms were crossed, and his face was stern. He was in jeans, a black t-shirt, and his work boots, which confused you. Maybe he was ready for something? Ready for...someone?

You pulled up next to him in the driveway and he pointed his thumb to the garage. You noticed it was empty, and the door was open and waiting.

"Where'd you put your car?" You asked him after rolling down the window.

"Out back."

You pulled into the garage, put your car in park, cranked up the e-brake, and cut the engine. The garage door started closing immediately, but the interior door inside the garage shot open, making you jump.

"Jesus, Tony...weren't you just outside?" You looked at him in disbelief, shutting the car door behind you and dropping the keys in your jacket pocket.

"You just disappeared and stopped answering me." He yelled as he took two steps down to even ground, "I went to file a missing persons report, but no one would take it because they're all too fucking scared of that fucker you call a husband."

Your gaze dropped to the floor, your body going stiff. He placed his hands on your shoulders, or tried to. You jumped back, that protective, hot anger flaring in your chest.

"Whoa, whoa, sorry-" He waved his hands, "What the fuck did he do to you?"

"Anthony-"

"Fucking tell me. I've got friends in jail, I'll be fine-"

"Anthony, listen-"

"I'll fucking kill him. Do you hear me? I'll kill him and bury the body right outside."

"TONY!"

He finally stopped at that, and stayed quiet just long enough for you to get your thoughts together.

"I told him I want a divorce. I may have hit an android in the head with your baseball bat-"

"The Marucci?!"

"What? I don't know, I just-"

"Did it have red letters on it?"

You thought back. In the heat of the moment, it was a detail that you overlooked, but come to think of it...

"Yeah, it did actually."

"Fuuuuuck," He swore, following up with your name, "I've been looking all over the place for that! It's like a $300 bat-"

"Tony, pay attention."

He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms again.

"He took one of them home. One of the ones that look just like me. I walked out of the room and there they were, fucking right on the living room couch."

"Pardon?"

"I know, it's disgusting. I can't get it out of my..." You deflated, trying to get the images off replay, "Can we eat?"

His brows furrowed and he looked at you suspiciously, "You're not telling me everything."

"Look, I just woke up, I'm starving, I'm thirsty-"

"You just woke up?" He cocked his chin, "What do you mean by that?"

Your annoyance was audible as you made a sound akin to a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum as you popped the trunk and retrieved your packed duffle bag.