Chapter five

Casey's pov:

As I tried my best to comfort izzie, a million thoughts went through my head at once. Mainly of how I was gonna destroy nate. While all I wanted was to smash his head in with my fist, I had to stay calm for now. Or at least until izzie stopped crying.

Seemingly on cue, izzie stopped crying and looked up at me. Seeing her so upset made me mad and I wanted to kill the person who caused her that amount of pain. "I'm sorry," she said barely above a whisper which made my heart crack. "Why are you apologising? You havent done anything." I said in an attempt to make her feel better. "I know, I'm just sick of being a burden to you." That statement shocked me. I held her tighter then ever and made sure she knew that I'll never think less of her or see her as a burden.

Before I knew it, she'd fallen asleep. Oh well, might as well let her rest. I thought to myself. I set her down on the bed and watched her sleep for a bit before deciding to go on a little..... visit..... to Nate's house by myself.

Once I got outside, I decided to text izzie so she would know where I went when she woke up.

Time to check on Nate.

Izzie's pov:

I woke up from a well needed nap to discover that Casey wasn't next to me. Which was weird. I called put her name to no avail and decided to check my phone to see if she'd texted me or something. What I saw made me very stressed.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Did she seriously go to Nate's house? If she did I couldnt magine what might have been happening. I needed to get over there urgently. I changed into some of Casey's clothes and sprinted out the door. Maybe I could catch her before she killed him.

Despite the text I sent, I knew I was probably too late. I just hoped that the damage wouldn't be too bad when I got there.

Casey's pov:

Seeing the front of his house when I walked up to it was enough to make me gag. Part of me was kind of jealous, the other part of me wanted to burn it down. When I knocked on his door, his mom answered. "Oh hello casey, havent seen you in a while. Nate is in the backyard." She said sweetly. I always wondered how such a kind woman could birth such a piece of shit. "Thanks Mrs Prescott," I said pushing past her.

Nate's backyard was huge. I mean HUGE. And there was a small cabin in the back where we would hang out when we were still friends. I assumed he was in there and he was. When I knocked on the door he opened it and a disappointed look fell on his face. "You." He spat bitterly. "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm here about izzie. Who the hell forces themself on someone who's not interested?" He grinned in an evil manner as he looked me in my eyes. "Whatcha gonna do about it, dyke?" And just like that, I barely thought anything before my first connected with his stomach.

Before I could do any more damage, izzie ran up to us.

Izzie's pov:

When I saw nate lying there howling in pain, I giggled a bit. I was shocked. Not mad, but shocked. I had to pull casey away before she murdered him. I grabbed her hand and pulled her away as nate yelled "You bitches will pay for this!"

When we got onto the sidewalk I heard casey sigh. "Why'd you stop me?" She asked looking sullen. "Newton, I'm not losing you because you went to jail for killing that bastard. Hes not worth it." I said which brought a smile to her face.

We walked home hand in hand. It was nice except for the occasional unsolicited comments from random homophobic idiots. Who were immediately threatened by Casey. We both fell back onto Casey's bed and looked up at the ceiling.

This was our last night of peace before senior year started.

A/n
Long ass chapter but it was worth it. Also thanks to @-scxrletwidow for being my first reader.