Chapter 49 Break Up

I woke up eerily early. The sun was just peaking over the horizon. I pulled myself out of bed quietly so as not to disturb Liam. Upon reaching the door, I looked back at him sleeping soundly. He looked like an angel. I smiled idiotically to myself before slipping out the door. 

Once in the kitchen, I looked around for something to cook. I found a fully stocked pantry and fridge so I went to town. I made quite an assortment of foods from bacon and eggs to biscuits and gravy. It was just about done when James came stumbling in, rubbing his eyes. 

Me: Morning 

James: Good morning 

He plopped into a seat facing me. I turned the bacon over and it sizzled. 

James: I honestly don't remember much about last night. 

Me: I'm sure. 

James: What does that mean? 

Me: You seemed pretty wasted by the end of the night. 

He chuckled a bit. 

James: Yeah... Did you not drink at all? 

Me: You know I don't do alcohol. 

James: Oh yeah, I forgot. 

I prodded the cooking bacon with the spatula and tried to think of a way to say what I needed to. 

Me: James, can I talk to you about something? 

James: Am I in trouble? 

Me: No, not at all. I just... 

James: Spit it out. 

Me: I'm not sure about us. 

It was quiet for a minute as we held each other's stares. After a while, he sighed and my heart fell.

James: I'm so glad you feel the same way. 

My mood brightened. He was thinking the same thing! 

Me: Really?! 

James: Yeah, I mean I have the utmost respect for you and I do love you, but I feel like that is more of a brotherly love. 

Me: I so agree. I feel so much better. 

I relaxed and put a hand to my chest. He chuckled a bit at me. 

James: You are the best. 

I couldn't help but smile. 

Me: So we're good? 

James: Great! 

He got up from his stool and gave me a hug. I was so relieved by the way things went. We proceeded to have breakfast and Liam joined us after a while. He kept stealing glances at me, making me blush and smile. James was completely oblivious. 

Liam: So how are things? 

Me: Great! 

I smiled slyly at him and when he returned it, I knew that he knew. I had my Liam back.