i. Zatanna Zatara: Origin

Chapter One

Chapter One

Zatanna Zatara: Origin 

Giovanni Zatara is a magician and is a well-known pro-hero. He is a Homo Magia, a human born with the affinity to manipulate magic. Like him, his daughter, Zatanna Zatara can cast spells by saying what she wants backwards. 

Her mother, on the other hand, had died just after she was born, leaving Zatanna in her father's care. Her father was very protective towards his only daughter and child, not comfortable with the fact that she was growing up. She was raised in a small house in New York and later was recommended to move to Japan to enrol in a prestigious high school for heroes in training, U.A by her very own father.

Zatanna is a 16-year-old girl with Italian roots. She has medium length black hair and bright cyan coloured eyes with a slender build, her height reaching 5'7. She used a feminine variation of her father's costume, with a white shirt, bow tie and gloves, a low cut yellow vest, a black blazer, black mini-shorts with grey stockings and black boots reaching midway up her calves.

Zatanna is rebellious and excels in all her classes. She is also quite comfortable with her classmates flirting with her. She is compassionate and trusting towards others. Her love for her father is greater than her sense of duty.

Her unique genetic structure allows her to use the magic she was born with, as well as learned magic. She can speak multiple languages including casting spells backwards all while continuing to receive extensive training in hand-to-hand combat if her magic ever fails. However, her weakness being concentration and the ability to speak; when saying a magic spell, Zatanna must concentrate fully in order to say and perform it correctly or else the spell simply won't work. Sometimes making small errors will interfere with the performance.

"Hurry, Zatanna! The plane will board without you!" Zatara yelled out to his daughter. "I'm coming, sheeesh!" Zatanna grabbed her bags and raced towards the gate as fast as she could. "You know it would've been easier to carry these bags if I cast a levitating spell or maybe a shrinking spell." She jokes.

"And bring attention to us? I think not!" Zatara rolls his eyes. "Remember Zatanna, I love you." Zatara pulls her into a warm embrace and kisses her forehead. "I love you too dad." They stood in the embrace for a few more seconds before Zatanna pulled away and walked towards the departure gate. 'I'll work hard and maybe, just maybe become as powerful as you are dad. I'm going to make you proud!'

After 13 painful hours of flight, the plane had landed in Musutafu, Japan. Zatanna decided to walk to her apartment that UA's headmaster generously paid for. Since it wasn't too far, she could look around the area instead of taking a taxi.

"But before we do that, let's lighten the luggage shall we." She whispers to herself. "knirhs ym egaggul." She put the miniature versions of her bags into her purse and ran for the exit, with a smile on her face.