ii. Entrance Exams

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Entrance Exams

It was nearly 8:40 am, the day of the entrance exams to determine their acceptance into U.A. It will consist of a written test and a practical test. The academy boasts the best heroic education in Japan, sitting atop a forested hill that overlooks Musutafu.

"Hey, Zatanna!" Midoriya calls out after recognising Zatanna a few feet away.

"Oh, Midoriya? Didn't see you there! Long time no see!" Zatanna says happily as she jumps in for a hug. 

'She really likes hugs.' Midoriya's eyes were glued to the ground, in hopes of hiding his red face. He was remembering the last time she had hugged him even though they were practically strangers who happened to bump into each other at the right time. Her hugs were protective and warm, he missed the feeling and yearned for it again but never got the chance until today. Midoriya was grateful for that because, without Zatanna, he wouldn't have stood a chance against that villain.

"Call me Izuku." Midoriya smiled as he supported her from the waist. "Okay, Izuzu~" Zatanna giggled, making Midoriya's heart flutter. '-Holy, I'm talking to a girl!' He screamed internally.

"What have you been up to?" She smiled. "Nothing much, studying and training. Mainly training." He replied causing Zatanna to light up. "Wow, me too! Wait, are you heading to the Entrance Exams held at U.A.?!" 

Midoriya nods, raising his brow. "How'd you know?"

"Cause, I'm heading there too, silly! I've been waiting for this day and now that it's finally here, it feels so unreal! Let's do our best, Izuku!" She yells out enthusiastically. Midoriya watches in awe, seeing her like this for the first time. "Right!"

They walked in comfortable silence, glad they got to meet up again. "So, I was meaning to ask for your number after the incident and we didn't really bump into each other after that since I forgot." Midoriya claims shyly. "If you don't mind. You don't have to-"

"I don't mind." Zatanna gives him a sweet smile. "Let me put my number in your phone." Midoriya watches his friend save her phone number into his phone. He noticed how much more beautiful she got. He quickly averted his eyes, noticing she was done. 

"We would've bumped into each other if I enrolled into a new school nearby but I decided to attend online school last minute and finish the studies from my old school back in the states while still getting used to living in here. So, I've been cooped up inside all this time." Zatanna explained, kind of guilty for being the reason they never met each other. 

"Oh, that makes sense. Zatanna, I also want to thank you for saving me and Kacchan since I didn't get the chance to." He mumbled, loud enough for her to hear. He's been waiting to thank her and since it was done, he felt himself getting lighter.