vii. Aftermath

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Aftermath

After the incident, Zatanna remained unconscious and Zatara paid her a visit. "You're grounded for life." Zatara jokes in a whisper as he goes in to kiss his daughter's forehead. He pushes the hair on her face away and sat beside her, taking her hand. He was contacted immediately after the incident and gave the teachers a piece of his mind. How could he not? His daughter went out of her way to protect everyone but wasn't it the teacher's responsibility to do so in the first place? Like any parent, he questioned everything, his child's safety and well-being. She's still young and to experience a villain attack so early on could scar her for life but he was extremely proud of his little magician. He was relieved she only passed out of exhaustion and nothing else.

Tears seep down his face and he quickly wipes them away. "I left your favourite snacks next to you, you'll be hungry when you wake up. " He says as he gets up to organise them neatly, lost in thought. He notices his hands were shaking and quickly held them tightly, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. What was done, was done and he knew the faculty would handle it from here. He looks over at his little girl, glad she couldn't witness the state he was in or she'd worry too much. Stress was the last thing he'd want her to feel when she woke up.

At the back of his mind, however, he felt immense anger, guilt and fear and couldn't even imagine what could've happened if the situation didn't play out as it did. It hurt too much to think of it in the slightest. "Don't scare me like that ever again, Zatanna. I don't think I'd be able to handle it."

"You're classmates might pop in. They're an interesting bunch. I must go now but I promise to pay you a visit once you've woken up." He pats her head and activates his quirk, speaking gibberish. A portal appears and he walks into it but not before looking at his daughter one last time.

Moments ago...

Her classmates watched Zatanna being taken away on a stretcher. "Will she be alright?" Midoriya asks. They were all worried even if some didn't want to admit it out loud. "She just passed out from immense exhaustion, the trick she pulled took a lot out of her." Eraserhead admits before walking to the police officers and pro-heroes.

Soon the student and pro-heroes had finished being questioned by the officers and all the things that were present were arrested and taken to the police station. Class 1-A learned what pros could do and what they fight against to keep them all safe. It was a revelation they weren't prepared for but somehow they survived. They knew how but they couldn't come to terms with it, after all, they were the ones who witnessed their very own magician going god mode.

They wanted to know what happened, every detail of it. Of course, they couldn't read the girls' minds for answers so they had to wait to know how it all played into fruition. What made Zatanna do what she did? And how?