Chapter 3

'I shouldn't look at it...but I want to...should I...?' I thought to myself 'no, its his personal property' I thought as I shook my head. I made my way down stairs and to the dinning area. All four men from before where already seated with their plates and I sat in the empty seat beside Virgil and Roman. Patton and Logan seemed to be having a pleasant chat while Virgil and Roman were having an argument of some sort so I just decided to quietly eat. "So, do you like your new room?" I heard someone monotonely ask me "it's nice" I responded without looking up. I could tell it was Logan, he's the only who talks without emotions. "How's it being by Roman? " I heard Virgil quietly ask "well it's ok I guess, I do get to hear his dramatic acting, if that's what you want to call it" I responded with earning a laugh from him and a gasp from Roman "hey! I work hard you know!" He said with a dramatic huff at the end. "Hey kiddo?" I heard Patton start "I don't want you EVER going to the third floor ok?" He continued. I looked up at him and responded with "why? Whats on the third floor?" As soon as I finished that question it went dead silent. I looked up and around, only Patton was looking at me, Logan was eating, Virgil was looking away, and Roman was messing with his food. "Just...dont go up there, please" Patton concluded "sure...whatever..." I responded with and continued with dinner.

The rest of dinner went fine, all just chatting and after I went to my room. As I walked by Roman's room I noticed his diary was still out. 'None of my business' I continued to my room and heard hours later "night kiddos!" As the hallway light went out and everybody laid down for bed. I wait about another hour before tip toeing to my door and slowly opened it and peeked out into the hallway. Seeing no one there I krept into the hall and past Roman's room making sure to be as silent as a dead man. Making it past the princes room I looked up the stairs to the third floor. Looking around again making sure that I was truly alone the krept up the stairs making sure not to make a single sound that could aware anyone about my presence. Of course, on the fourth stair let out a grown under my foot. I froze in place and looked down and up staying still for a good long while to make sure no one heard. After I was certain that no one heard I continued my way up the stairs to the top floor. It was dark, no lights on, so I had to feel around. This floor was different from the second floor. I felt around and it seemed I was in a living room that was also shared with a kitchen. A door lead me to a bathroom and there where three more doors 'bedrooms' I presumed. I didn't want to wake anyone who slept on this floor, but one of them had a chain and lock on it I noticed. "Weird..." I quietly whispered to myself. I took in a breathe and noticed that something smelled. Not a bad smell per say, just it smelled differently then a second ago. Before I could even turn around I felt a hand press itself against my mouth and a arm wrap around my waist pinning my arms to my side. I tried yelling, but it was to muffled.

I was taken to the now lit up living room and placed on the couch, I still couldn't see my captor, but I did see a black a green starkly sleeve. 'Roman..? ' I thought confused. I thought about running a voice interrupted my thoughts " worry dearie, we plan on hurting you" said a sarcastic voice, so they where lieing, was that their...thing? "Who are you!?" I demanded. I heard a laugh as a man, 'another!?', walked into the light and sat down in a chair next to the couch. He wore a black brimmed hat with a yellow ribbon around it, some black drap thing that covered most of this torso, a black and yellow long sleeved shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. I was curious over the green scales on the left side of his face and the yellow cat or snake like eye also on his left side. "Answer my question you freak!" I shouted "oo, ouch! The pain!" He dramatically and sarcastically added after me. So he was like Roman? I glared at him and he got that I wanted the answer. "My name is Deceit...." He told me "isn't that just like...a nickname for lies and deception?" I more stated then asked.  "Yessss, I'm aware" he hissed. I was going to ask more if it where not the fact I felt the couches weight change suddenly as someone landed bedside me. Out of shock I jumped to the other side and looked at whoever, or whatever it was. A man who was the same height as Roman was sitting there, one eye was brown and the other was white-ish looking. He wore a black and green starkly looking prince outfit like Roman's but the upper arm had a bit of of a poof to it. His wore black skinny jeans and green boots, his hair was brown, messy, and his bangs had a strip of white. He also had a mustache for some reason. 'Is he related to Roman?' I wondered. "That's Remus" the snake like traited boy informed me. 'His name was even similar to Roman's ' I thought. "Hiya!! Who're you?" The green man asked me "Y/n.." I answered as I looked the man up and down inspecting him. I noticed that he had a octopus on his belt, that was interesting. "No foul language or remarks around them" Deceit demanded to the other man. 'So he's the one who's in charge then?' I concluded. I wanted to ask and talk to them more, but we heard load footsteps on the stair coming up and I knew exactly who it was...