Danica vs. Elijah

Elijah's POV

I can believe I just did that, I almost hit Danica with the lamp. Theo was glaring at me, Zane was pissed off and Remi was barely being restrained. And I was trying so hard not to transform here in the living room, but my anger was just to much. Before I could complete my transformation Theo lost his grip on Remi and in the next moment I was being tackled to the ground.

Remi was shouting at me but my ears were ringing so much that I couldn't make out what he was saying. He wasn't on top of me for long before he was pulled off by Danica into a hug.

Danica then turned to me, looking me dead in the face. No smile, no words, no anything. I could still feel my mate bond to her but it was extremely thin and barely there now. I know I broke her heart, I know that I kept a lot of secrets, I know that I was overly dominant but it was all to protect her. Why couldn't she see or understand that?! What did this Aelius guy have that I didn't?

Fates POV

Well this just got interesting. Danica was taking things into her own hands, granted we saw this coming but that still doesn't mean its not a surprise.

Their mate bond was crumbling before Elijah and even before Danica became aware of it. It was extremely rare that a mate bond didn't bloom into what it was supposed to be. But even godly deities can be wrong.

*Flash of Golden Light*

"Lady's, how are you this fine afternoon? How goes the mate bonding?" Ares, God of the sun and brother to Athena made his appearance in our home.

"We find ourselves in a sticky situation with one of the mate pairs. But it seems that it is fixing itself without our interference. So we are just waiting to see what transpires, you're Holiness." We said all at once.

"Oh? This has piqued my interest. What mate pair are having problems?" Ares smiled while tapping his slender fingers on his chin.

"A were-bear and a mortal girl. The girl is Zane's God-daughter, and she has chosen to be life partners with you're son, Aelius over her chosen mate." We explained.

"I see, does my son seem...happy with this mortal girl? Is there anything...special about her?" Ares was becoming nosy, and that usually led to problems that resulted in a negative domino effect.

"He does indeed seem happy, and you know we can't divulge that kind of information." We said calmly.

"Oh well then, let us see how this transpires in the mean time." And with those finals words he left in another flash of Golden Light.