Revealed

-Danica's POV-

I don't know how long it's been since we left New Orleans but I was loving it here! Our new school was amazing and we were practically celebrities, everyone flocked to us. But I was really missing Theo and Zane and hell even Remis but oddly enough I wasn't missing Elijah, I wonder why that was? Hm. Oh well. 

"Aelius, when can we take a trip back to New Orleans to see Theo and Zane like you promised?" I whined, knowing that I would get my way. He always caved when I gave him my whiny voice and puppy dog eyes. No man could resist the puppy eyes. 

"How about a two day trip? We can leave tomorrow morning and and stay the night, then come home the day after?" He compromised.

"Sounds perfect! Will we need to pack anything?" I asked not knowing if we could need to pack light or if at all.

"Pack light, and I'll send it over before we leave." He smirked cheekily.

"Okay!" I was so excited to be visiting Zane and Theo, and more then likely Elijah would be with them and my brother Remis, but thinking about if my father and his prissy wife were still there I couldn't garentee what I would say or do if I see them. 

-Aelius POV- 

The rest of the day and night went smoothly. The next morning we got up, out luggage packed the night before and sent over to my condo in New Orleans where we would be staying during out short visit. 

I wasn't overly worried about meeting Zane, because I was ninety-five percent that he knew of me and what I was. Theo wasn't a problem since he was technically a squire hired to keep the Dark-Hunter's, God's and Goddess's secrets from the human population. But I was not looking forward to the confrontation with the Were Bear, Elijah. 

Damn those fates for meddling. Elijah hadn't been apart of his plan when he set his eyes on Danica. But after he had come in contact with her, she had instantly connected with him, more then she had with Elijah...which, I had figured out that one of the fates, who also happened to be my half-sister, purposely put in that tiny loophole. See the fates usually made their matches air tight, but thankfully I had a tiny pull in this match making, not that I was actually proud of it. 

Elijah however, had a very dark secret that I had learned about after doing some research on him. Even though he was only a few years older then Danica, she was his third match within this year alone. The fates had already paired him with two possible soul mates, but for some reason they never stuck. The first one had walked in on a daimon feeding during Mardi Gras so her unfortunate death was just that unfortunate. But the second one? That was his pure stupidity. He hadn't bonded with her, luckily for her. He had been out with her one afternoon when he got called to go help fight a hoarde of daimons on Bourbon street and he had told her to go home, but instead of making sure she went and got home safely, he hadn't noticed that she had followed him and then in the middle of the fighting, he heard her scream just before he watched her die in front of his eyes. So really, he was the cause of her demise. Needless to say, Elijah wasn't worthy of Danica's love or loyaly.

-The Fates POV- 

"Danica was supposed to end up with Elijah, NOT Aelius!" The fate who had long curly red hair mumbled sultily. 

"I agree, but since watching them, they didn't seem to really make a full soul mate connection like we had fated them to have. So really, what was the point?" Said the second fate, who had short wavy blue-ish silver hair. 

"She made the soul mate connection with Aelius because I made it so. I purposefully put in that tiny loophole, that if Danica didn't feel a real connection with Elijah that she could make her own choice of who she really wanted to be with, and she just happened to choose Aelius, who must I remind you both had his eye on her from day one, but you two had to go ahead and interfere and fate her the Were Bear. Like seriously...Syntyche, Moria. I get that it's our job but we or I should say, YOU two don't need to stick your noses into everyone's business."  Lucia huffed. Aelius is lucky that she helped him out, because if  it wasn't for the fact that they were half siblings, she wouldn't have lifted a finger to help him out.