Unexpected Visitors

Danica's POV

Today started out like any somewhat normal day, though my life was far from being normal....Having a Dark-Hunter for a God-Father, a ladies man for a best friend and a very...not normal boyfriend, and now my cousin showing up and putting a major buzz kill on my happy mood...yup, could my life get any worse then this? Little did I know, you should always be careful of what you wish for!

Going to school like normal, but today I was getting a ride from Theo cause I was still very upset with Elijah. I know that I shouldn't blame him, but he had kept a secret from me, and that hurt...alot.

Its a good thing though that Remis wasn't in the same year as we were but we still all had lunch together. Not to mention, we now lived under the same roof, thats what really soured my mood.

This was gonna be one hell of a year!

On our way home I got an unexpected call from Zane, and he didn't sound happy.

"Dani, our house just got a lot more crowded, see you when you get home!" And with those only words, he hung up; leaving me all confused.

Looking over at Theo, "Step on it, get me home now!" He nodded once and he was soon speeding and weaving through the traffic.

As soon as the driveway came into view, I was counting and double counting on how many cars I saw in our driveway. Unless Zane bought me a new car, then there was no reason we should have four vehicles occupying the driveway. Um, what is going on?

Pulling up to the curb, Theo and I got out of his car. As soon as we walked through the door, the smell of mint and warm spices, which as far as I'm aware of Zane does not bother to wear mens cologne but my father, who I haven't seen in years, does. And to my complete shock, he just happened to be sitting on our couch with his wife.

Upon entering the house, every pair of eyes turned to Theo and I, but at the present moment all I wanted to do was run and never stop till I got far enough away from them.

"Danica...? Is that really you Danica?" He asked me, but my ears were still ringing and balling my hands into fists, but instead of punching the nearest things to me, in this case it was Theo, I walked to the stairs and went down them to my room, making sure to slam my door loud enough for them to hear it upstairs.

Zane's POV

Once Danica and Theodore had stepped inside the house, I knew that this was not gonna be a nice and quick visit. I could see the hate and disdain radiate off of her, Theo just looked nervous and confused but thats ok, I would explain to him later on.

"I'm sorry, but maybe today is a bad day to do this, she needs time to accept that you're here to see her and try to patch things up. We'll try again tomorrow." I told them, as smooth and sincere as I could possibly muster, but it was hard cause this man sitting in my house was Danica's real father, the same man who had made me her God-Father in the first place, but putting the past back where it belonged, Danica was my sole focus right now and whatever made her happy. My friendship with her father would have to come last.

"Zane, please could try and talk to her? I really just want to see and talk with her." Lyzander pleaded, he looked so sad but happy to know that Danica was doing well.

"...I'll try, but making no promise's. I doubt that she will even open her door." I mumbled, but headed downstairs to Dani's room anyway to see what I could do, though this probably just gonna be a wasted effort.

Before I could even knock on the door, Danica came out. She had changed out of her school clothes and was now in a pair of her step-brothers hoodies that literally engulfed her whole petite frame, and a pair of my old work out sweatpants. Hm, interesting enough but it was a start I guess.

"You gonna come join us upstairs? He really wants to see and talk to you. Even if you have nothing to say to him or if its just basic and small idle chit chat then thats fine. But I do think that he at least deserves some peace of mind, Dani." I looked at her, and it wasn't until she looked up at me that I could see the faintest hint of tear lines on her pale face. She had been crying, by herself. Poor Danica...

Lyzander's POV

Danica had yet to come back up with Zane, so I changed my focus on the guy she had come home with.

"Are you Danica's boyfriend?" I asked him point blank.

"No." the boy looked me in the eyes, disdain written all over his face. "I've been friends with her since she moved here. I'm her best friend and a guy who won't ever tolerate seeing Dani being hurt by anything or anyONE." He was trying to make a point clear, and it was well received.

"Are you threatening my husband?! How dare you!" Theresa asked trying to defend me, but I deserved the boys disdain, cause it was clear that he cared for and watched over my Danica. But I had yet to meet the boy who Remis had mentioned about being overly protective of her.

"No, ma'am I'm not." The boy turned his attention to my wife, his voice was still cold and unwavering. "But Dani is my best friend, and I will not tolerate her being hurt in any way shape or form. So excuse me, but I have a phone call to make." The boy walked towards the kitchen, opened the fridge and got himself a drink, then pulled out a phone and started to make a call to someone.

"I wonder who he is calling," Theresa said kinda snappish.

"Probably Elijah." Remis, who hadn't been present till now. He had just come downstairs from the looks of it, he had just finished taking a shower and quickly threw something on.

"Who's this Elijah?" Theresa and I asked the same time the door bell rang.

Thats when Zane came back upstairs with Danica following right behind, but she didn't look in our direction. She went to the kitchen and sat on the floor by the boys feet.

"Zane, what is her friends name?" Theresa asked, her attitude was not doing anything to help the situation.

"Theodore, he is a friend of mine's son. He spends most of his time here with Danica and Elijah after school." He said answering the door.

There stood another young man, around Danica's age. He took one look at Zane, who just nodded his head and let the boy enter the house. He didn't bother with a 'hello' but headed straight for the kitchen. I watched him exchange a few words with Theodore, and then sit next to Danica, who didn't waste any second crawling in between his legs and curl up into his side hugging him tightly.

"Zane." I looked in his direction, which was now in the chair across from where we sat. "Who is that young man? Is he another friend or is he someone else?" my mouth thinned into a firm line and was starting to lose patience.

"That, Lyzander is Elijah, Danica's boyfriend. Anymore questions? Cause it's getting late and I'm gonna be late for my nightly rounds." Zane said looking impatient.

"Yeah, cancel cause your supposed to be here for this reunion. Plus, having you here would probably be easier to try to have a civil conversation with her." I was trying to not sound to pleading, but it was failing quite miserably.

Zane's POV

This was really starting to become a pain in my ass. Danica was in hysterics, but looked to be doing better now that Elijah was here and Theo was doing his best to cheer her up, when she finally gave a small laugh.

"Hey trouble times three, get your butts in here!" I called for them. "Danica, you already know Remis obviously, and your father, Lyzander. This," I pointed to the scrawny woman sitting next to her father, "...is his wife and Remis's mother, Theresa." I did the bare minimum of introductions.

"I know who the guys are, thanks. And its not exactly a pleasure to meet you, Theresa. And before you start in your babble, I already know that Remis is actually my half brother and not my cousin. I did my research. But, what are you doing here? Is what I really want to know." She said with such venom and animosity in her voice.

This was off to a really rough start, once can only hope that this got either better or easier to deal with.