Chapter 12

ELEANOR WHY ARE YOU SO PRETTY

5:00 p.m.
Emma's POV

iMessage from: Niall<3

"Pick you up at eight, dress for a party;)"

Way to be secretive, Niall.

I went to my closet and searched for an outifit, but couldn't decide between three of my favorite dresses.

For help, I decided to consult a pro.

iMessage to: ELLL😘

"CODE RED I CANT PICK AN OUTFIT NEED HELP ASAP"

I sat my phone down and put a piece of gum in my mouth. Before long, my phone went off.

iMessage from: ELLL😘

"BE THERE IN FIVE"

I also sent a message to Becca, who was already on her way to my house.

Downstairs I heard both girls come inside, say hi to my parents, and start upstairs.

"WERE HERE!" They shouted as Bec swung my door open.

I hugged them both and motioned to the outfits laying on my bed.

There was a gold sparkly dress, a black sparkly dress, and a pair of jeggings with an adorable crop top.

They surveyed my clothes before making a decision.

"I vote gold," Eleanor said as Becca nodded.

"Okay thanks, guys."

After I said this, I remembered that I hadn't even asked to go anywhere, so I told Bec and El to stay here, and went downstairs.

There shouldn't be a problem, my parents always let me go wherever I want. Plus, it's with Niall and my friends, who they absolutely adore.

"Hey mom, dad, can I go out with my friends tonight?"

They looked at each other before my mom replied, "Absolutely not."

I was shocked. Tonight, of all nights, when NIALL HORAN, MY CRUSH SINCE FIRST GRADE, was going to take me out, with my trustworthy friends, they said no. What the hell?!

"Why not?" I whined as she got up and headed into the kitchen.

"Because, you always go out, and your grades are slipping. NO."

"MOMMM," I whined, following her out of the room.

"My lowest grade is a 92!! How is that bad?!"

"It was a 94 last block, and a 96 before that. Before long you won't have all A's. No going out tonight."

Oh, I was going out tonight. I had made up my mind the second she started explaining.

"Fine, I guess I'll just study hard in my room."

"That's my girl," she said, proudly, patting my shoulder, "It's for the best," she reminded me as I left the room.

I nodded before heading up the stairs.

Upon entering my room, I said, "Girls, tell Niall I'm gonna have to meet you guys there."

Eleanor looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"What?" Becca asked.

"They said no, I'll meet you guys wherever at 9:45. And I need one of you to take my dress and shoes so I can change."

They looked at me, blown away that I was sneaking out. Hey, I'm a seventeen year old girl, it's basically a right of passage. Besides, not one of my friends could say anything, as I was the only one who hadn't snuck out yet.