Chapter 16

Sorry if this is terrible I'm writing on my break at volleyball camp aha.

______________

Emma

One week went by. Seven days. I didn't talk to anyone at school, didn't check my phone unless it was my parents, barely ate.

At first glance it may seem like I'm overreacting, but this wasn't because "I was so in love with Niall I couldn't function without him". I was flat out pissed. And maybe slightly depressed, but mainly pissed. The guy went to all this trouble, told me he loved me, drove to my house in the middle of the night, and didn't text me once after the incident happened. I know it was awful, but still. How hard is it to send one "are you ok" text?

I guess he didn't mean whatever shit he'd said if he can go a week without talking to me or at least knowing how I'm doing.

Of course I still have that thought in the back of my head that he wouldn't lie to me, and maybe there was a logical explanation for all of this.

But he could've at least gotten someone to tell me he's not interested anymore, or that his phone got thrown off a cliff.

However, he didn't, so obviously he doesn't give a shit about me.

His loss.

.

.

Niall

I hadn't been to school or talked to anyone except my mom. I kept trying to convince myself I don't know why I was so hung up on Emma, but I did know. I loved her. A lot.

But obviously, the thought of dating me literally made her sick, so I decided not to bother her.

Why would she want to talk to me anyways? I'm the guy that she hated so much she puked when I asked her out.

But then, I couldn't help but wonder why she would lie to me. Maybe she felt sorry for me. Yeah, that had to be it.

Emma Hemmings, everyone's favorite party girl, felt sorry for me, so she acted like she liked little Niall Horan, who never stood a chance with a girl like her in the first place.

"Niall!" My mom yelled, knocking on my door.

"What?!" I hollered back annoyed.

She opened the door and stood in the doorway with one eyebrow raised.

"What did you just say to me?" she calmly asked.

"I said, 'what would you like to discuss, dearest mother?' "

"That's what I thought," she said, walking over to sit at the edge of my bed near my feet.

"Niall what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I- I'm fine." I answered, tears brimming my eyes at the thought of what happened.

"You've skipped school for a week, haven't talked to anyone, and have barely eaten. I've never seen you like this, now tell me what's going on this instant."

I looked up at my mother, who I loved so much, and realized how worried she was. She obviously hadn't slept too well, and it looked like someone just ran over her puppy.

"Mom, I, I asked Emma out."

"Oh, Niall, honey that's amazing!"

"No," I cut her off, "It's not. When I asked her she- she puked. Everywhere. She's disgusted by the thought of dating me."

She looked at me, confused for a while before she realized exactly what I just said.

"Well maybe she was sick or-"