Chapter 3

Emma's POV

After dinner last night, I went back into my room, and really thought about my relationship with Niall.

Neither one of us could even say "Hey" to the other without hostility or a snide comment. But, neither one of us ever went a single day without talking to each other. I knew for a fact that I liked Niall, but I also knew that I hated his guts. I can't imagine ever having a civilized discussion with him, but I can definitely picture us as a couple.

I decided to forget about him for a while and just go to sleep.

I woke up this morning at 6:00 with blonde hair and blue eyes on my mind.

Well, so much for forgetting about him, I thought.

I walked into my bathroom and splashed some water on my face to wake me up.

After making sure I was completely awake, I made my way into my closet, trying to decide what to wear.

I saw my green dress from the Christmas dance and immediately thought about how that was his favorite color.

After standing there daydreaming, I figured if I was gonna think about my nemesis all day, I may as well impress him, too. I found my mint bow tank top, a pair of white skinny jeans, my favorite sandals, and some pearl earrings.

I got dressed quickly before walking back into the bathroom. This is where all the real work was done.

I searched in my cabinets for my face wash then washed my face. After that, I brushed my teeth, making sure to get them totally clean. Next I straightened my hair and brushed it a few times. After that, I put on my makeup and was ready to go.

By then it was 6:55, and I knew Rebecca would be here in just a few minutes, so I grabbed my backpack and phone before running down the stairs into the kitchen, where my mother stood waiting, holding out a banana. I took it, thanked her, and gave her a quick hug before rushing out the door just as Rebecca stepped on our driveway.

"You ready?" She asked, one eyebrow raised, referring to seeing Niall, as she did every Monday.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied, just like every other time she asked.

We started the three block walk to school in a comfortable silence, then Becca said, "You know what I don't get? It's so obvious you and Niall like each other, but you both claim to hate each other. Why do you two do that?"

"He doesn't like me," I snapped.

"Yes he does, Em. He makes it so obvious! He's always staring at you, and you can almost see his heart break when you flirt with guys in front of him."

"Bec, it's talking, not flirting."

"You're changing the subject!" She warned.

"Listen, I don't like him. He doesn't like me. End of story."

She opened her mouth to say something, but I shot her a glare so she kept her mouth shut.

Before long we were at school, aka hell. We walked straight into the school, and you'll never guess who was right by the door.

Niall.

Standing behind him was the posse he's been in since 1st grade, consisting of Louis Tomlinson, the class clown, Liam Payne, the work out addict, Zayn Malik, the artist, and Harry Styles, the charmer of the school.

"What's up hoe?" Niall said to me.

"Your 2 inch dick," I snapped back.

As soon as I spit the words out, an alarm sounded.