Chapter 2

Niall's POV

"Dude. I don't know if I want to make out with her or never see her again."

I was facetiming my four best friends: Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Zayn Malik, and we were talking about Emma Hemmings; the hottest bitch on Earth.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Harry had to leave.

"Bye guys, and Niall, just do what you think is right," he advised. Harry always tried to be helpful, but he never really acknowledged the negatives to a situation.

Liam sat there, typing away, trying to Google my problem. However, I don't think many results will come up when you search, 'What do I do when I like the same girl that I hate?'.

He grabbed two fistfuls of hair, obviously frustrated.

"Nothing is coming up!!" He muttered, "I'm gonna leave now, before I throw my computer out a window."

"Bye Liam," Louis, Zayn, and I said.

Zayn, clearly tired, ran his fingers through his hair and yawned.

I didn't want him to lose sleep because of me, so I said, "Zayn, get some sleep, you don't have to stay up for me."

"You sure man?"

"Yeah, bro, I'm fine."

He saluted Louis and me before he too left.

"So, do you like her?" Louis asked.

"No! Yes, I don't know!!"

"Okay, list good things about her."

"Well, she's freaking hot, smart, funny, nice, and she likes to eat."

"Now, name bad things about her."

"She doesn't like me back."

"Bro just get some already!"

"That's kind of something that requires her to like me back so..."

"Then I don't know, tell her you like her maybe? That's always a good start."

"Easy for you to say, you already have a girlfriend."

"Yeah, because I told Eleanor that I liked her.."

"No you didn't you dumbass! I yelled, 'Louis likes you!' across the cafeteria one day, and then Liam pushed you into her at the Christmas dance."

"Oh yeahhhhh! Back to the Emma thing though. How do you know she doesn't like you?"

"Because, Lou, she's always insulting me, saying she hates me, and whenever she sees me walking down the hall, she immediately starts flirting with another guy."

"Um, don't you do the exact same thing?"

"Well, yeah, but that's because I don't want her to know that I like her while she can't stand me."

"Have you ever thought that she's doing the same thing?"

And with that, he ended the video, leaving me with just my thoughts to keep me company.

I glanced at my alarm clock and saw that it was 10:17 p.m., so I knew the rest of my family would be asleep.

My mom (Maura Gallagher) is a stay at home mom, so she spends all of her time cleaning and perfecting the house.

My step dad (Chris Gallagher) is a physician, but works the night shift at the local hospital.

My real dad (Bobby Horan) lives a few blocks away, and he owns a music store where I sometimes give guitar lessons.

I have one brother (Greg Horan) who is 20 years old and he basically spends all of his life with Denice, his girlfriend.

Last but not least is me, Niall James Horan. I'm seventeen years old. I attend Miami High School. I play baseball. Oh yeah, and I'm in love with my sworn enemy; Emma Hemmings.