Drafts (pt 1)

A/N: So, I decided to just publish everything I find from my old writing to get some feedback and see what direction people think the series should go with in the future if I rewrite anything.

__

A FEW YEARS AGO, THERE WERE SUPERHEROES. The Avengers. Captain America thawed out and led a team of people so powerful that they stopped an alien invasion.

But, things had changed.

Jet watched the aftereffects firsthand. Her Godfather was falling apart. He was the only family she had left— after her dad ditched her for some floozy in Reno the summer before the New York Invasion.

Jet still wasn't really sure how the gambling addict who fathered her knew Tony. She knew he was smart before all the booze and other stuff, but someone like Tony Stark didn't just know her father.

But, that wasn't the point. Jet— or Julia, as nearly everyone insisted on calling her —was just a narrator to the greatest tragedy of the decade, maybe even the century. One day, she was going to be some big-time reporter for the New York Times and she'd win a Pulitzer for the work she did.

But, until then, she'd just observe the chaos that came with being Tony Stark's ward.

__

Jet noticed how different things were her first week back. She had been gone for school all year and only home for a few nights the summer before. Actually, she hadn't really been living with Tony for the past two years, since the Battle of New York.

"Tony, help."

Jet glanced towards the lab, steeling herself as she typed back a response. "Where?"

A string of coordinates made her sigh. Jameson sucked at Geography. Regardless, she typed a ETA and proceed to delete the texts from Tony's phone. Her uncle was hurt and while she wasn't going to let whoever this guy was suffer, she wasn't going to send him to get further fucked in the head.

__

A flight later, Jet was in some crowded mall's tech store, slurping a slushy in the back corner. Pretending to look at some crappy overpriced laptop, she nearly zoned out. She hadn't slept in a while and moving made her dizzy.

"Jameson," A woman drawled, familiar.

The teen swallowed before turning around. "Hey, Natalie."

"We reached out to Tony, not you."

"Nice to see you too, cap. My uncle's busy, so I came in his place."

The adults shared a look, both exasperated. "Can you decode something for us?"

"Pssh, easy peasy."