2 ~ DAUGHTER ~ 2

** EDITED **

*** HARLEY ***

*** 4 YEARS LATER ***

I was and never have been one for parties. Surprising, I know, considering my parentage. Both my mother and my dad loved the party scene, fed off of the wild energy. Luckily, I didn't go to most of the parties my dad went to and threw, with a few exceptions. Every Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's he had a big party at the house in Miami, which I suffered through for the sake of good food and presents.

Of course, some of the other holidays, I got dad all to myself for up to a whole weekend. Every labor day, we head to a beach he closed off just for us- Potts, Rhodey, and Happy included -and we spent the whole time doing whatever we wanted. On Halloween, we used to go into haunted houses filled with blood and gore, but that stopped when I got lost when I was twelve and it took a full three hours for anyone to 'find me'. Now, I usually stay up all night watching horror movies and stuffing my face with acne-inducing candy.

Tonight though, I have big plans. I never went trick-or-treating when I was younger, and I wasn't about to start, but my dad didn't need to know that. As far as he knew, I was trying to experience it before I got too old. One of dad's cars drove me a couple of miles out to the nearest suburb, but I made sure I had ditched it when I pulled the carton of eggs from my backpack. There was this idiot at school who put a mouse in my locker, so I accessed the school servers and got his address. I was the only fourteen-year-old junior at the school, so hazing was common, and had been since I started at the school last year. (AN: I do NOT condone egging houses, but it was a necessary evil, and I made the reasoning somewhat reasonable, so she's not just being a "jerk" to some elderly couple or something.)

I chucked egg after egg at the house, smiling as each shell broke against the house, yolk splattering like paint. I got so caught up in my revenge that I didn't even notice the cop car until it was too late. I resisted the overwhelming urge to bolt, sliding my backpack away from me as the officer got out, thankful for the darkness. I stood my ground, staring the woman straight in the eye. If there was one thing I inherited from my mother, it was the ability to lie.

"Hello, Officer, can I help you with something, I was just walking home." The benefits of looking a year younger than you are and having a baby face, you can get away with nearly anything. At least in my household.

"Harley Stark?" She growls, eyes cold.

"Uh. . . yes, ma'am. How-" I was cut off by a burning, numbing, pain, electricity sparking up the darkness. She tazed me.