10 ~ SIBLING ~ 10

It all happened so fast.

Fast enough for you to kill her.

I didn't mean too-

But you did.

One second, I was staring at Ares lifeless body, and the next I had my hands around Hermes' throat, with her glossy eyes staring up at me. I killed her. She wasn't one of the monsters, the bad guys. She wasn't Harry. She was . . . a victim. A girl. Nearly a friend. And I had . . . Oh, God.

I choked on my breath, stumbling away from the body. The guards pulled me back towards the cell and I didn't even fight. I let myself go limp, stray tears running down my face. Like drops of blood.

I cringed as I was locked back inside the cell, shuddering as Harry spoke. "You're becoming just like them, Harles. Just like mom. A monster. Evil. Dangerous. Bad."

Stop. Stop. Stop. I pressed my forehead to the cold ground, rocking on my knees. Please. Please. Please. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. No. No. No. My heartbeat in my ears, doing nothing to block out Harry's taunts. I'm sorry.

I choked on my breath, stumbling away from her body, not daring to look at Zeus. Surely the last girl would kill me now. I deserved it. I'm a murderer. I'm Hydra.

I didn't fight the guards as they pulled me back to my cell, the round one I had spent weeks trapped in. It was nearly comedic; I had tried so hard to tear apart that cell, not caring that I would still be in a prison.

ZEUS POV

The last thing I wanted to do was help Hades. She was the reason Hermes and Ares are dead. But I knew I couldn't let Hydra use her. She was dangerous, she needed to be locked up or killed. Not saved.

But I heard some of the guards talking. They were going to use her, transfer her somewhere to be used as an asset. That couldn't happen. It just couldn't.

I didn't have much strength at any given time, the serums made me slower than I had been, made me lesser. But when they came, I found myself moving faster than ever before.

It happened at night, or at least lights out. I was scratching a tally in the wall when the door slammed open. I jerked up, sparks flying off my fingertips. But, it was not a Hydra Guard who came inside, pointing their guns all around the small room; no, their vests had SHIELD splayed across them.

I stood in shock, not knowing what to do. "Harley? Harley Stark?" I shook my head, tears springing to my eyes. "Who are you?"

I stuttered, my hands shaking and sparking. "Zeus. Zevs."

But, just as I stepped forward-

**

HADES POV

A gunshot echoed through the base, followed by shouts. I cringed, boring my face between my knees. Surely, it was just another hallucination, just like all the others that this room plagued me with.

The door slammed open and I jumped backward, staring in shock as the figures stormed in. "Harley? Harley Stark?"

I stared, but nodded, confused. Harley. Hades. Harley. Hades. "Target-"

Another shot rang through the room, one of the three men crumpling to the ground. "Sorry, John."

The men both stared at me, saying the awfully familiar 'Hail Hydra' as they raised their guns. But they never shot.

It was like this wave of . . . Power. Suddenly, both men were screaming, falling to the ground. Blood streamed from their ears and nose, their eyes filled with bright red veins.

I screamed, releasing control, but it was too late. They were already dead.

**

It was an hour before another man stepped inside, cautiously walking past the bodies. I had been struggling to keep my eyes open, feeling completely drained. I barely even noticed Harry had disappeared. "Harley?"

I jerked up. I knew that voice. It was the same one that had haunted me for months. Except, deeper, softer. I looked up, my heart stopping. "Harry?"